Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

P1316 code runs rough

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Duanesz 
#1 ·
I was running up to home depot today and pulled up to the light and the truck stumbled and the CEL came on for a second and shut off.. So I got my scanner out and plugged it in and it said P1316. I reset the code and got my stuff at the depot got back in the truck took off from the light the truck felt like it was running on 4 cyl all the way home.

I came in and did a search on the org. and saw lots about the clips being bad under the valve cover and need to put the new clips on there. I was reading some more and saw where someone said that that the wiring harness thats on the drivers side valve cover that it rubs on the valve cover and shorts out. So I took the 10mm bolt out and unpluged the connector and one of the wires was rubbed through the insulation on the wire. It did not look burnt or anything so I just wrapped it with some electrical tape and put it back together. Started the truck up and went for a 20mi ride and it runs fine.

Should I still pull the valve covers and check the connectors anyways? Oh the truck is a 2000 F-250

Duane

#3 ·
mine started all of a sudden and felt like it was on 4 cyl. I have not pulled the valve cover yet. I checked the wiring harness going over the drivers side valve cover and one of the wires on the bottom of the loom was rubbing through on the valve cover. So I cleaned it and covered it with electrical tape so far so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.