need help with some codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 07:39 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need help with some codes

Hello I just bought my first ford powerstroke. it is a 2000 f350 4 door long bed. The truck won't start if it aint plugged in. but from all the reading on this site I have a stancor relay on the way. The ses light was on when I purchased the truck so I took it to the local mechanic and had the codes read.
p1316- idm cod detected

p1212 - icp not expected

p1247 - turbo boost pressure low

p1248 - turbo boost pressure not detected

p1211 - icp pressure above/below desired

It sounded to me like I had a boost leak somewhere but checked and everything seemed ok. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would suggest taking the intake hose off the turbo and using a wooden dowel or something else similar check to make sure the turbo spins freely and no obviously bent or missing turbine blades. Look for soot at the turbo connections, and then check the boots at the intercooler and the y-pipe. If they are all good, then clear the codes and run it for a while to see if they come back. Could be a bad MAP sensor.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:03 PM

Injector O-rings, ck for oil in fuel filter and ck ICP while cranking. If it will not build to 500 psi then you have some bad injector o-rings. Check map sensor vacuum hose going from intake spider to map sensor for the boost code.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 PM

Ok all my boots seem to be good just dirty. I do have soot on the turbo connections. I changed fuel filter yesterday and no oil was present. How do i go about checking ICP. What is ICP?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 PM

Here is a good reference as to the function of the HPOP, including the ICP sensor and IPR. (ICP - Injection Control Pressure sensor, IPR - Injection Pressure Regulator)

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/public...3HPOPGuide.pdf

Also, the o-ring idea is pretty good if your HPOP really can't build pressure - the lower o-rings will fail and leak oil into the fuel, but the upper ones will leak oil around the upper part of the injector back into the valve cover area.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 AM

Ok I put a new stancor relay in the truck and headed to Chico Hot springs for our 9th anniversary. I didn't plug the truck in thinking the relay was my problem. well next morning no start. But i did notice that it was NOT smoking at all while I was cranking. So leaves me to belive that the problem in in the hpop system somewhere. Plug the truck in a few hours fires right up. So i am guessing that by plugging it in it is warming the oil alowing it to fire the injectors. So hpop is probably weak does sound like an accuate assumtion?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:59 PM

Again, sounds like injector O-rings.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:17 PM

Ok picked up the o rings from ford this afternoon. Pulled the injectors on the tips are really carbond up bad. What is the best way to clean them or is that ok. Thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 AM

I have a gallon pail of carburetor cleaner dip I got at the parts store for about 15 bucks- you can prop them up in something like that for a couple of hours to loosen the gunk and then spray them down with carb cleaner to finish them off.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 AM

Thanks dray8165 I appreciate your help. Is there any way to blow through the injector to clean out the holes after the outside is cleaned up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.