my 7.3 stalls on take off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my 7.3 stalls on take off

Hello i just bought a F-350 a week ago and recently when i stop and go to take off the truck stalls out but fires back up to keep it from stalling i gotta feather the throttle and once i get going i have full power it really dont sound like a fuel filter could it be a sensor if so which one, if anyone know please let me know thank you for any information you have,drew4792
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Try cleaning the exhause back pressure sensor tube:

Welcome to guzzle's Exhaust Backpressure Sensor Cleaning Maintenance Web Page
Old 03-04-2010, 02:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

let me run this by you, I changed the fuel filter just to make sure that was'nt it, so after messin around and driving the truck i am really thinking that it could be the trans because when i drop into first it dont do it, only when its in drive really thinking the trans is not shifting right or down shifting right but i will clean the back pressure sensor tube just to make sure i really dont want to have to get the trans rebuilt let me know what you think any info will help at this point and thanks a lot for you help
Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 AM

The transmission doesn't exert any feedback that should affect the motor. If it is truly stalling, I'm not sure how the transmission could cause that. If it is just straining - I've seen that before, still with 525 foot pounds of torque, you'd think the motor would twist the transmission in half before it stained much.

I think your first investment in the truck should be to buy AutoEnginuity scanner with the Ford module. It is scanning software that turns your laptop / computer into a all-inclusive scanner for the truck. Even thought the SES light isn't on, you may have some codes that will lead you in the right direction.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i am going to get the truck scanned tomorrow to see what is really going on i will let you know what they find out and after all of this i will buy my own scanner, hate going to a shop when i can do most of the work myself thanks a lot for the help i'll let you know
Old 03-04-2010, 02:05 PM

my truck was doing that b4 i got the tranny rebuilt. was just like the torque converter wasnt unlocking. soon as i put in gear it shut off. i had to a couple times neutral drop it to get me back to the shop.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok i got my truck scanned and 8 different codes popped up and i really dont know where to start first code is 1119 manifold air temp ,1249 waste control valve, 0478 exhaust pressure control valve. 1211 icp pressure above/below,0720 output speed sensor, i was told the speed sensor is causing the problem with the stalling is that where i should start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.