CPS Confirmation - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Northwest Stroker
 
BigRed02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CPS Confirmation

I have read up to 9 pages of problems with the CPS. I'm pretty confident that its my problem. The no movement of the Tach kinda tipped me off. My check gauge light also comes on, along with the oil pressure gauge jumping up and down. I had a friend run a check, there were no codes found. My question is, should I run my Edge and return to stock first? Or should I assume the pure evil is the CPS and just replace it? I have yet to change the fuel filter on its since I bought it used. That should probably be my next step. Also, what's the story on using the blue from International, or just the Ford part. Looks like I'll be buying it from Ebay if it costs the same anywhere else. Thanks for any input.



2003 6.0L Ex Limited
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
Fully Bulletproofed

2002 7.3L F-250 4x4
AFE Stage 1
4" Turbo back Diamond Eye
Zoodad
Foil Delete
Auto Meter "Carbon Fiber" Gauges

2003 Suzuki M109R
Stock...for now
BigRed02 is offline  
post #2 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
duct tape & zip ties

 
bigcountrysg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Willis, MI
Posts: 10,761
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed02 View Post
I have read up to 9 pages of problems with the CPS. I'm pretty confident that its my problem. The no movement of the Tach kinda tipped me off. My check gauge light also comes on, along with the oil pressure gauge jumping up and down. I had a friend run a check, there were no codes found. My question is, should I run my Edge and return to stock first? Or should I assume the pure evil is the CPS and just replace it? I have yet to change the fuel filter on its since I bought it used. That should probably be my next step. Also, what's the story on using the blue from International, or just the Ford part. Looks like I'll be buying it from Ebay if it costs the same anywhere else. Thanks for any input.
I suggest replacing the fuel filter, change the oil, and then if your still having problems change your cps. I state the oil because dirty, or low oil level can cause the syptoms to make you think that your cps is gone bad. If you add up the cost of the oil filter and oil, and fuel filter. If those fix the problem then you saved yourself about 75 dollars. If not you did maintanence to your truck you normally would have done anyways. Then change the cps, because if those things do not fix the problem then your cps is most likely bad and needs replacing. I get mine from the dealership. As I have had good luck with them. I have only had to replace one in my truck and I got 143,000 miles on my 2002 7.3L


Your Actions Today, Decide Your Future Tomorrow

2005 6.0 Crew Cab Long Box Lariat, current truck

2004 6.0 destroyed by contaminated fuel

2002 7.3L burnt
bigcountrysg is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

 
vitalidle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Munising, MI.
Posts: 9,092
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pretty sure the tach doesn't move on the 02 anyway.

2002 F-250 4x4 EC, SRW, SB
Auto 93,000 miles
DP Tuner F5
ATS Compressor and 1.0 Exhaust housing high flow back plate
Turbo Back 4" Silverline Exhaust Mbrp Muffler Delete
Isspro Trans,Pyro,Boost Triple Pod
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
AIH Delete With Boost Fitting

vitalidle is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Northwest Stroker
 
BigRed02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalidle View Post
Pretty sure the tach doesn't move on the 02 anyway.
Oh, I didn't know that, only on the older rigs then?



2003 6.0L Ex Limited
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
Fully Bulletproofed

2002 7.3L F-250 4x4
AFE Stage 1
4" Turbo back Diamond Eye
Zoodad
Foil Delete
Auto Meter "Carbon Fiber" Gauges

2003 Suzuki M109R
Stock...for now
BigRed02 is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Northwest Stroker
 
BigRed02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Yakima, WA
Posts: 212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
I suggest replacing the fuel filter, change the oil, and then if your still having problems change your cps. I state the oil because dirty, or low oil level can cause the syptoms to make you think that your cps is gone bad. If you add up the cost of the oil filter and oil, and fuel filter. If those fix the problem then you saved yourself about 75 dollars. If not you did maintanence to your truck you normally would have done anyways. Then change the cps, because if those things do not fix the problem then your cps is most likely bad and needs replacing. I get mine from the dealership. As I have had good luck with them. I have only had to replace one in my truck and I got 143,000 miles on my 2002 7.3L
I keep up pretty well on the oil/filter, but the fuel I should do. Thanks for the input.



2003 6.0L Ex Limited
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
Fully Bulletproofed

2002 7.3L F-250 4x4
AFE Stage 1
4" Turbo back Diamond Eye
Zoodad
Foil Delete
Auto Meter "Carbon Fiber" Gauges

2003 Suzuki M109R
Stock...for now
BigRed02 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome