Off to the Technician - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Off to the Technician

Hey guys, I've been a somewhat of a silent member. Using the board as a database due to not being a guru on these diesels. I have used the info on here to do so many repairs its almost impossible to mention them al, lol. But I finally got stumped and after 2 days of reading and trouble shooting, it's gone to a technician. I have checked everything I can check without having a scan tool to buzz the injectors, and etc. I have a feeling it's gonna be the HPOP or possibly the IDM. I feel sure it has something to do with the fuel system due to no smoke on attempted starts. It was running, fuel knocked and died. I changd the fuel filter, put fuel in it(geting good flow to the bowl), changed CPS, unhooked the IPR,Checked the level in the HPOP(<.5 inch from the top cold) charged the batteries, and changed programming back to stock. I even tried to crank it on either(would never get over 1500 rpm's). Ran out of ideas so i sent it to a guy who is the diesel tech at the local dealership. I posted this, because I'm gonna post up my results in case anyone has the same issues and may be able to use this info at a later time. I'll let yall know............

Oh yeah, a Dodge Cummings came to pick me up with a gooseneck trailer. We got it loaded, tried to turn around, and slid off the gravel roadway(snowcovered) into a ditch and got stuck. Thanks to my neighbors (bad as I hate to say it) Chevrolet gas truck and his Kubota diesel tractor, we were able to get my truck down the road. So no more Chevy or Dodge bashing from me, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM

I had that same problem with my 01 and it turned out to be the IPR.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just got the news today that I had an issue with my Fuel Bowl. The plunger in the bottom that allows fuel to flow to the heads was broken and not allowing any flow. He is gonna try and get the pieces to rebuild it, but if not I guess I'll put a new one on it, need a new fuel heater anyway. At least it is fixed and running. He saw a few other little things he asked if he could fix. I told him to have at it. Maybe this will give someone an idea if they have the same symptoms I had. Oh yeah, and I've been running a blend of homebrew Bio-Diesel for the last 50,000 miles. I asked if he saw any adverse effects. He stated the Fuel Bowl was the cleanest he's ever seen in a truck with as many miles as mine has on it, the injectors buzzed like they were new(whatever that means?) and that he didn't see anything that pointed to problems with the fuel. He's the diesel man at the local Dealership, so I'm taking his word he knows what he's talking about. I give the praise to God!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.