Rough and little power Indpls shop needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Rough and little power Indpls shop needed

Have 2000 F250 Superduty 6 speed 7.3 L owned since new. Great truck but now check engine light comes on and runs rough w/o much power pretty much when not idling but will come back and run perfectly after waiting at light briefly and then rough again. Codes initially indicated a MAP sensor but when that was replaced by current shop then codes indicated ground problem with injector on #3 but injector actually ohms same as rest per current shop. (He is great guy but not Diesel guy.) Does anyone know someone on East side of Indianapolis that would be good place to go to. Replaced the camshaft sensor a little over a year ago and batteries recently. Have done some work replacing some brakes and rotors but other than oil changes it just goes until now. Mechanically challenged personally so looking for someone to help me keep this thing going for decades to come. Any thoughts on cause or lead on geographically desirable guru greatly appreciated. jasperm@iquest.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
bring her up to southeast michigan and ill get her running good. i know i know its a far drive but just giving you 1 option
Old 01-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I will keep that offer in mind but for now need to find something closer. I can't take the time off and don't want go that far with it rattling the way it does. I do appreciate the offer and you are just what I would like to find in my own back yard. If you think of anything to try or of some cousin down here in indy let me know.

Mike Jasper jasperm@iquest.ent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.