Truck still not fixed; ICP codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck still not fixed; ICP codes

I posted up a couple weeks ago about my truck shutting off on me on the interstate. Had a buddy hook up a scanner and it had two ICP codes. Replaced the ICP and worked great for about a week. Then the same problem came back with a fury. I found that the ICP plug wouldn't stay tight in the sensor, it was quite loose. So I went to Ford and bought the pigtail and replaced. Meticulously making sure each wire went where it was suppose to go, and that all crimps were nice and tight. Well now the CEL is always on (before it would only come on during its little "episodes"). So I had my buddy come back over and hook up his scanner again. Buzz test passed. But when he tries to run a contribution test with engine on the truck immediately shuts off, and gives code P1210.
It has a brand new International ICP sensor, and now connector. I also probed the sensor with key on engine off and got 4.56 volts. The truck will start up and idle perfectly whether the ICP is plugged in or not. If I drive it, will start shaking, run like crap, and eventually shut off. If I turn the key off for 5 min. or more it will start back up but run rough. If I let it sit overnight, I can start it in the morning and will purr like a kitten.

I have been searching now for hours on the forums and have a couple questions. Can a bad IPR or IDM throw this same code as if the ICP was the culprit? How can I test both of them? It seems like my ICP has tested fine with that voltage, but I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Did you try the CPS?

And see if you can find someone with the same truck as you and do a quick swap of the IPR. Those are stupid expensive and I would hate to see you buy one without needing it.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea, CPS recall was done about 2-3 months ago, and for good measure I had a spare and tried it and no difference. I might end up buying an IPR for poops and giggles as the IDM price makes me wanna cry...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.