my truck hates me!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 07:32 AM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to korg70kbc
my truck hates me!!

went to get dineer last nte & wham, crazy shifting, missing or choking, stumbling, lighting seemed to be surging. Got to a store, thru the AE on, had it & laptop thankfully, and walla..............
GEM/Central Timer
B1352 Ignition Key-In Circuit Failure
P1812 4-Wheel Drive Mode Select Circuit Failure
B1323 Door Ajar Lamp Circuit Failure
B1450 Wiper Wash/Delay Switch Circuit Failure
B1394 Power Door Memory Lock Relay Circuit Short To Battery
C1093 Traction Control Disable Switch Circuit Failure
P0603 Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error
P1105 Dual Alternator Upper Fault
P1106 Dual Alternator Lower Fault

I had gone to les schwab & told them it felt weird, like I was in 4x4 hub on ds has been sticking, they said it was fine.
went to Welder person, he said steerin gear is crap, have that, just waiting, this thing was ALMOST ran off road last night, WTH???
The EBP is sticking that I can tell again, threw a P0476, I have the parts to rebuild that, or just yank it & put on the ped w/o. ebp,
My batts are a year old, but I haven't felt like they are doing their job, OR I'm losing the alternator AGAIN!! I will be calling the guy I bought them from & makin him give me new ones........TODAY
Also, I will pull the hubs later,, cuz this one is stuck, I can't turn it
I will go do some new scans in a bit.

not a happy camper today, need this vehicle to find work & move & my bf can do the work, but he is in Nevada atm, tell me what to do I will have him pick up parts & repair w/me.......or he can buy me a NEW TRUCK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You appear to be the victim of some bad ground issues.

A whole lot of codes in different modules, usually come from one of two things. Poor grounds to cab/frame/engine, OR, in rare cases, a hot wire chafing, and providing power to the sensors at the wrong time. Dodge trucks were famous for that in the 3rd generation, with a sense wire chafing on the AC line, and putting 5V power to the ground side. It would literally cause every code in the book, and never the same set of codes twice.

On a ford, I would start with the grounds, then the positive connectors on the batteries, power distribution box and alternator, and work out from there.

There is a chance that the GEM has failed, but I wouldn't go that far yet.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:40 AM
ARMY MOM!!!!

funny u mention the gem, when I was on the phone w/bf last nite, I told him it was acting like the gem. I do have a spare.....
Old 01-09-2010, 03:15 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

k, started normally 2day, went 5 miles, ok, when warm at 30-45 it starts stumbling & shoking, UNTIL it shifts ehtn seems ok. Unplugged ebv with a sliht improvement
Illl add as i find stuff
Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
subscribed

i would do as hwy said first
Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

here is a thought..............the truck was running perfectly until last nite. I went to Scwab & he Hammered my leaf springs 'back in place' & said things were fine, then the truck started running off, got worse & worse, something come loose?????
Also, the alternator codes. I have 1 alternator, in the PDB at time of dash rewire, I checked them & replaced any that were wrong or seemed burnt. The truck has one alternator, the truck the gem came from had one, why all of a sudden does it show 2 codes? Was something changed after the pounding?

does anyone have a quick ref. to grounds.

I unplugged the ebv helped a bit. I have a rebuild kit for it or I can go w/the blank I have in the trade section.......

I NEED THIS TRUCK NOW!!

thanksfor any input, I audio recorded some of the driving, i''ll post if its quality

also, in the front, I have needed work on the tie rod etc. but not huge issue, AFTER putting the new drag link & alignment etc I became curious that IF Ishould have a stabilizer, it drives VERY different. There is a spot for it, but it has been hammered back & wondered if that is what is causing me to think it eels dff.? the springs where messed up & the "expert" said everyting was fine, YET, I found later that I was 'having issues becuz a hub is stuck, the KID, locked them both, its better. I am trying to get them off do service them, but the stuck one will not give.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:11 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

U hit it on the head!!! My terminals are pretty chewed up from crappy mechanics & the negative came loose. Also, the ebp sensor had come loose. still have to pull the turbo & fix the valve, but the sensor is reading correct again & truck is happY!!!
CAN'T HAVE A UNHAPPY PSD..............LET ALONE, THE WOMAN DRIVING IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwaywrench View Post
You appear to be the victim of some bad ground issues.

A whole lot of codes in different modules, usually come from one of two things. Poor grounds to cab/frame/engine, OR, in rare cases, a hot wire chafing, and providing power to the sensors at the wrong time. Dodge trucks were famous for that in the 3rd generation, with a sense wire chafing on the AC line, and putting 5V power to the ground side. It would literally cause every code in the book, and never the same set of codes twice.

On a ford, I would start with the grounds, then the positive connectors on the batteries, power distribution box and alternator, and work out from there.

There is a chance that the GEM has failed, but I wouldn't go that far yet.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ok what codes are left again?
Old 01-14-2010, 05:13 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

C1093 Traction Control Disable Switch Circuit Failure
P1812 4-Wheel Drive Mode Select Circuit Failure
some other little ones I am pretty sure have to do with inst. cluster bulbs being out.
oh, & that P0475 which I think will not go until I get it out rebuild it OR maybe the ton of black goo on it I just discovered has something to do with it sticking

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.