02 no start. help me please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
02 no start. help me please

truck was broke down 2days ago believed it to be gelled up. now it just wont start. filled it up with fuel and some additive. we got it towed home last night and left it plugged in until today. tried starting it it just cranked hard. checked the oil it was low so filled it upw ith oil. tried again. cranked hard. filled it up with fuel. cranked easier but still wont fire. WTF is wrong with my truck. im gonna try taking off the bullydog tonight maybe that has something to do with it. i just dont know what to do with this freaking truck right now. i cant take it to the dealership for a while i need it running as were short on vehicles. what do i do what tests can i run help me here guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2009, 03:02 PM

Plug the truck in, be sure it is working. Let it sit plugged in for at least 2 hours..meanwhile..

Go to find this:

FPPF MELTDOWN

Pour half in the tank, use the rest in a 50/50 mix with diesel in the fuel bowl, and put in a NEW filter. Trust me.
Wait 10 minutes, cycle the fuel pump 10 times, and try to start it.

Add fuel conditioner immediately if it starts. Use a whole quart of power-Service.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Maybe it was never "gelled" in the first place and you had another problem but assumed it was the cold that caused it?

You have to start with the basics,,, does the wait-to-start light come on, is it cranking OK (fast enough)? are you getting fuel to the filter? to the injectors? ever see smoke out the tailpipe while your cranking?

Is there ANY possible way to get it scanned for codes? That would be the fastest way to get it going again...
Old 12-18-2009, 03:11 PM

As cold as it's been in Michigan....my first thought would be gelled fuel or ice...that's also the easiest to check, so I advised it.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sure, I understand only, he's had a previous thread (last week) where he's tried putting 911 in the filter housing and tank and has been plugging it in (didn't make that clear here I know....)

Also, I don't remember now, but did we talk about the most obvious thing? The CPS???? GlowPlug System working?

Last edited by NoRalPh; 12-18-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:17 PM

yeah it seemed gelled up. idk if that was the original problem. im gonna check and see if theres fuel getting to the bowl by doing the flip switch on back and cycle key thing. if not im gonna pull codes i think i can wiht my bdog. the wait to start light comes on then goes off like normal but the water in fuel light stays on.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:18 PM

thats next on my list. im gonna go get one from international tomorrow probably. i gotta try everything.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:34 PM

Didn't know Noralph..

Smokinstroke;

Did you change the filter? If it has water in it....it'll give you no end of trouble. Change it.
If it's plugged in, the glow plugs won't matter as much, if at all. Mine started this AM after a -6 overnight with no glow plugs, I just hit the key...I was amazed.
Be SURE the engine heater works. I know mine does, as it sparks a tiny bit when plugging it in..also, the temp guage will register up a bit from dead cold position if it's working..
Also, diesel 911 won't work nearly as well as the FPPF.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:08 PM

im geting some fppf in the morning. and im gonna probably end up picking up another filter. gonna drain the fuel bowl and see if it fills back up too. i gotta figure this shet out.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
is it trying to start? Or just do nothing? I helped a friend last week. I used my sct to check codes. It was not getting a signal. The number 30 duse was blown.It cranked hard cause their batteries were beat.But the reason for a no start was the #30 fuse.
not saying thats it but check it. Its free to check it. If its trying to fire or any sputtering thats not it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.