Code Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Code Problems

I keep having the same three codes coming up in my Excursion - P1391, P1393 and P1248. I just put in a new GPR and it didn't help. Am I looking at glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and a new wiring harness next? The crazy thing is that the truck starts fine and no white smoke. HELP PLEASE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

P1248 Turbo Boost Pressure Not Detected
P1391 Glow Plug Circuit Low Input Bank No. 1(Right)
P1393 Glow Plug Circuit Low Input Bank No. 2 (Left)

for 1248, check the connection at your MAP sensor and the hose going from the spyder to the MAP sensor... also check the boots on the intercooler pipes... your looking for any rips, tears, or cracks where a boost leak can occur....

1391 and 1393 together means that none of the glow plugs are getting power... so either you have another bad GPR, or its hooked up backwards, or both the left and right connections on the UVC harness's have come loose... they make upgraded clip so that wont happen again...
Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk99 View Post
P1248 Turbo Boost Pressure Not Detected
P1391 Glow Plug Circuit Low Input Bank No. 1(Right)
P1393 Glow Plug Circuit Low Input Bank No. 2 (Left)

for 1248, check the connection at your MAP sensor and the hose going from the spyder to the MAP sensor... also check the boots on the intercooler pipes... your looking for any rips, tears, or cracks where a boost leak can occur....

1391 and 1393 together means that none of the glow plugs are getting power... so either you have another bad GPR, or its hooked up backwards, or both the left and right connections on the UVC harness's have come loose... they make upgraded clip so that wont happen again...
I will check these things tonight. Is there any way to clean the MAP sensor or am I just looking for bad connections? As for the boots - are these just the ones up on top of the motor or are there more I should look at? Thanks for your help.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Looks Fine

I checked the connection and hose on the MAP sensor and everything looks fine. Actually it all looked brand new, tight and clean. No cracks in any of the boots and all connections are tight. I found the connections on both valve covers and they were tight also.

So- I cleared the codes, plugged in and called it a night in hope things would clear up . NOT! I turned the key on this morning and waited for the wait to start light to go off - then the SES light turned on immediately just like before. So am I to assume that maybe both valve cover gaskets need to be replaced next or possibly the glow plugs as well? How can I check the valve covers without replacing them?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

does the SES light go off after you start it?
Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk99 View Post
does the SES light go off after you start it?
No - stays on with the same three codes.
P1391
P1393
P1248
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.