2001 7.3 Pulling p1211 without chip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2001 7.3 Pulling p1211 without chip

I took my truck to get emissions and they wont pass it becasue under heavy load during the test it keeps popping the P1211 (Injector control pressure above or below desired) code. It does not have a chip currently and I had it flashed after the code came up the first time. It has 165K and i really need to figure out why this is happening before my plates expire. Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

do you have a way to check the actual high pressure oil psi??? sounds like your HPOP is weak...

does it throw the code with the chip in too?
Old 12-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah I tested the HPOP PSI last night with Auto Ingenuity and it seemed to be ok. The duty cycle of the IPR wasnt bad either. It does pull the code with the chip on too. It only pulls the code if you floor it to about 80 or 85
Old 12-12-2009, 10:39 AM

My 2001 throws the same code when i get on it or am pulling a heavy load. One thing you may check is the IPS, Injector Pressure Sensor. it is on the driverside head, right behind the HPOP.

Pull the plug off of it and see if oil is leaking through the sensor to the plug-in, if so tou may need a new sensor, about $60
Old 12-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I replaced the IPS a little under a year ago but it does look like it is seeping a little bit of oil through. Im going to try to warranty it and see if that helps.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:11 PM
<< Representin with INK

Sounds like your HPOP is weakining up and you may have to get a new one... Look into the adrenaline... A little more than stock 17* and youll never have this issure again.... I would check again on the pressure and make sure its not going out on you... If its a healthy Hpop that code should never come on without a chip unless somethings wrong...
Old 12-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I checked it again this morning and the HPOP was still reading ok. I may just order an adreanline monday since I kinda want one anyways. My friends truck has a weaker HPOP than mine and it doesnt have this problem.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:28 PM
<< Representin with INK

Ya mine was doin the same thing when I first chipped it and couldnt ever figure it out... I still have my old 17* and Ive put in a friends truck and worked great with his hybrids even.. I just couldnt ever get mine to run right....

Went away with the adrenaline and I am really really happy with the performance from this thing on stock AD sticks!!!!! I cant wait till I get the 225s but it really did wake up the truck ALOT, especially when loaded down n climbin grades!!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStroked01 View Post
I checked it again this morning and the HPOP was still reading ok. I may just order an adreanline monday since I kinda want one anyways. My friends truck has a weaker HPOP than mine and it doesnt have this problem.
but what are the numbers? the numbers at idle and the numbers at WOT... the numbers you get when that codes goes off would be ideal...
Old 12-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Make sure your fuel filter is clean, also check to see if you have a fuel filter at the fuel pump under the drivers side door and that it is clean. I've seen that code show up and it turned out to be the fuel filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.