1995 PS Fuel leak? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 04:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1995 PS Fuel leak?

I would like some information on a 1995 7.3. Where are some common fuel leak points on the upper half of the engine, under the fuel filter? Now this is a 1995 so my drain valve is in the front of the filter assembly not the rear like most are describing. Iíve searched numerous posts and although all the recommendations are good, they don't seem to be very year specific. I bought the two little o-rings to replace the ones in the drain valve but the directions were for a 99.5 model P/S. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
fuel leaks on 95 psd's

You need to check:
the hoses leading too the filter and fuel pump
also the fuel heater in the filter bowl
there are some fittings at the inside back of the heads that carry the fuel to the injectors these have orings inside them that can leak
and the fuel pump. the pump has a vent hole in the bottom and when the diaphram leaks it will drain out this vent, just like the old mechanical pumps used on gas engines. If the leak is from there it's time for a new pump.
hope this helps

Jim
Old 03-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Jon

Nothing more needed!

I couldnt have said it better myself!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank You.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear View Post
You need to check:
the hoses leading too the filter and fuel pump
also the fuel heater in the filter bowl
there are some fittings at the inside back of the heads that carry the fuel to the injectors these have orings inside them that can leak
and the fuel pump. the pump has a vent hole in the bottom and when the diaphram leaks it will drain out this vent, just like the old mechanical pumps used on gas engines. If the leak is from there it's time for a new pump.
hope this helps

Jim
Shouldn't this stuff be covered under the powerstroke 100k warranty? I work for a Fire dept. and the local dealership is stroking us on the fuel leaks we're havin on our dive rescue. It's a 1999 F550 with only 11,000 miles.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Infidel

I replaced my fuel pump over the weekend. I bought the necessary hoses from FORD. If you want the part numbers I'll get them for you. You might want to make sure the fuel bowl is not leaking out of the base. These are known to get pitted and wear thru. Other than that, like posted above just check all of the clamps.
Craig
Old 11-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Location: i live in beverly,ohio but i am in school at UNOH in Lima, ohio
i am having this same problem with my 95 powerstroke. it is shooting out fuel extremely fast from under the fuel filter. i am not sure which way it is coming from because it is ouncing off other components. i have talked to others and they have told me it is possibly on of the short hoses that connect the fuel pump to the filter, or one of the o-rings in them. i have also herd that the new ultre low sulfer fel is eating these hoses. i am a new member and i am having trouble figuring out who to make a new post for this problem, can any one help me out with either problems. thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWStroker01 View Post
Shouldn't this stuff be covered under the powerstroke 100k warranty? I work for a Fire dept. and the local dealership is stroking us on the fuel leaks we're havin on our dive rescue. It's a 1999 F550 with only 11,000 miles.
It is 5 year 100k warranty, you are out of years.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHrodeoSTROKER View Post
i am having this same problem with my 95 powerstroke. it is shooting out fuel extremely fast from under the fuel filter. i am not sure which way it is coming from because it is ouncing off other components. i have talked to others and they have told me it is possibly on of the short hoses that connect the fuel pump to the filter, or one of the o-rings in them. i have also herd that the new ultre low sulfer fel is eating these hoses. i am a new member and i am having trouble figuring out who to make a new post for this problem, can any one help me out with either problems. thanks
The bottom of the filter housing could have a hole in it. I have seen them pit out and start leaking.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Location: i live in beverly,ohio but i am in school at UNOH in Lima, ohio
i did get it figured out. it was the p/s fuel return line. there was about a half inch split in the rubber line right out of the fitting and it was shooting fuel toward the rear of the engine. i am having a new line made for $20. it is real easy to get off but it cracked where the line is bent right after the fitting. the rest off the line was very very dry rotted. but thanks for trying to help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.