miss - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question miss

i have a 99 7.3 and i was wondering what could give it a miss for just about a second or two after you rev up the engine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to turbotime Send a message via Skype™ to turbotime
How long has it been? Maybe you should drain the fuel sperator and see if there is a bunch of H2O in it. The winter grade fuel is really bad about that.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfool502
i have a 99 7.3 and i was wondering what could give it a miss for just about a second or two after you rev up the engine?
is it there all the time, or does it go away warm or cold??
Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

all the time. where is fuel seperator located at? i think who had the truck before me put an aftermarket chip in it, could that cause the miss? how can i tell if its an aftermarket chip?
Old 03-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
all the time. where is fuel seperator located at? i think who had the truck before me put an aftermarket chip in it, could that cause the miss? how can i tell if its an aftermarket chip?
how long have you had the truck....and what maintanence do you KNOW has been done to it???? the fuel water seperator is the big black lid dead center in the front of the motor (there is a cover that you have to look behind and below to see it).......the fuel filter shoud be changed every 15k miles.....is there ever a check engine light with your miss????and also how does it start???
Old 03-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i really have no clue what has been done to the truck. the miss come when i rev the engine but it doesnt even have to be a high rev, then it will idle roughly for a couple of seconds then smooth out and the it will miss about every 30 seconds. i have had the check engine light to come on when i was pulling a car up the hills in va but it would go out at the crest of the hill! the check engine light also comes on at high speeds
Old 03-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
i really have no clue what has been done to the truck. the miss come when i rev the engine but it doesnt even have to be a high rev, then it will idle roughly for a couple of seconds then smooth out and the it will miss about every 30 seconds. i have had the check engine light to come on when i was pulling a car up the hills in va but it would go out at the crest of the hill! the check engine light also comes on at high speeds
the best way to diag this is first......since you dont know the maintanence records....put a fuel filter in it.......sencondly, get me the code....i will help you try to figure it out, but you need to get a way to pull that code so we have a better idea of what part or system is causing your problem....i can help you from there....that code will be stored even though the light isnt always on...........Marc
Old 03-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i just had an oild and fuel filter change and i had the code pulled and it said automatic trans but i have a six speed
Old 03-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
i just had an oild and fuel filter change and i had the code pulled and it said automatic trans but i have a six speed
sounds to me like the guy who pulled the code did not have good equipment or did not know what he was doing.....the problem i have helping you is there are too many different things that could cause a miss like this, and without some direction, i would just have you throwing time consuming and expensive parts at it......thats what a good code would help me avoid.......Marc
Old 03-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i think i am just gonna drop it off at a dealer and have them pull a code and then i will just have to get back with you so i dont have to waste a lot of money if its something simple. i really appreciate your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.