Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HPOP pressure leaking down

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  heloman27 
#1 ·
I have a gauge pod with HPOP pressure and I've been having start problems, mostly cold, it cranks, with no pressure on the HPOP gauge, after some cranking pressure pops up on the gauge and the truck starts. HPOP O-rings? Normal starts the pressure comes up right away.

#6 ·
Can you monitor IPR duty cycle also? It may be helpful to know what it's doing when you have the hard start.

#7 ·
I tried getting the OBD monitor as described on the sticky somewhere in this site, the one with the link didn't work, so I can't monitor anything. I took the truck to the parts store and had them put their scanner on it, no codes. I did get a check engine light after towing for a few hours recently, but I guess it wasn't stored. It's intermittent now, some days, mostly when its really hot out, it starts like nothing is wrong. Most days it does as in the video, I suspect HPOP. It runs perfect good otherwise.

#8 ·
Yeah you need to monitor oil numbers because it could be a weak pump causing the slow start..

#10 ·
Yes, that's the problem, I bought the one straight from the link found on a sticky on this site, and it didn't work...So I don't want to by another until I know it will work, I looked up the one you suggested and it's only for android, I don't have an android phone, I'd prefer a USB adaptor to my laptop. Thanks though, that's the sort of info I'm looking for, does anyone know of an adaptor that is sure to work?

#12 ·
not meaning to hijack this thread but i have the same issue and diagnosed at a shop. I am trying to find either an app or downloaded program for a laptop that will run on Windows 10 (either by windows phone or laptop). I have tried to get the app car gauge pro but no longer available for windows phone.

thanks

#13 ·
I'd like to have the AutoEnginuity but it's too much money, I only have one of these trucks. Today it went out completely, no pressure on my gauge, no start. Res is full. It died in front of my shop which is in a very urban area, one of the guys from the crack house across the way came out and told me to hold the pedal all the way down...

One other question, everyone says that parts store scanners wont work on these trucks, the one the guy used last time was a Bosch unit where he specifically selected my truck/year/motor in the menu, would Bosch sell a unit that would force you to select the vehicle like that then not work?

#14 ·
That's not it at all.... Yes the scanner may communicate with the vehicle but cheaper scan tools don't have the extra functions that you need such as the buzz test, cylinder contribution, etc. the cheaper scan tools more than likely won't have those features... Plus you want some kind of way to live monitor the truck which some cheap scan tools won't do either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.