Join Date: Sep 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2002 7.3L Dies after warming up.
Driving along at full temp (never dies when cold) and it starts with a mild loss of power. Then within a mile it's missing horribly and rolls to a stop dead and won't even idle.
Very intermitent sometimes I can drvie for 20 minutes to 30 minutes on the freeway before it happens.
Let it sit for maybe 5 minutes fire it up and off I go.
It sets a P1211 code, Which I normally don't see. I'm running a Hypertech II program set to stage 3.
So far I've done the following:
1) New air fliter
2) New fuel filter - no screen in tank, custom mode ;-)
3) New ICP and connector installed ( Mine was leaking Oil )
4) Had that cam sensor swaped on recall. ( Can't tell what color it is? it was done at the dealer )
5) Replaced O rings in IPR ( Got the kit from the dealer )
6) Installed a kit to keep the plugs from coming undone from inside the valve covers