Here's the rundown:
- Blew about 3 gallons of oil all over the truck when an HPOP line was pinholed by an aftermarket fuel pressure gage line. Before incident, truck ran like a champ.
- After towed home, found the bad line. Took 2 hours and several parts removed, or loosened, to get at it. These include:
* outlet tube
* electrical connector above tube for clearance
* red vacuum line comming from intake
* both pressure and return fuel lines going into the fuel bowl
- Line came out with a moderate fight. IH dealer only place to buy replacement, which is about an inch shorter.
- Bought 1/4" ID pipe thread fittings for adapters; line now fits. During reconnection grounded ratchet to back of alternator (hot lead). Only visible damage is to insulation at connector
disconnected batteries and put on charge.
- Topped off oil to proper level.
- Buttoned top end up. Will not start.
- "Nut and bolted" everything again. While double checking fuel lines, FPR line fitting broke off in housing.
- Pressure on fuel gage, after cranking, reads 20-30 psi.
I really, really need help with this one. obviously it was something I did; the truck had zero engine issues prior to this. What did I miss? I don't have a scan tool to check codes.