02 Super Duty stalling problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
02 Super Duty stalling problems

I am new to this site and looking at a friend's truck with this problem. He can be driving down the road and the truck will stall out. If he puts the auto tranny into neutral, it will usually start back up. He has had to pull over to the side of the road for a few minutes, before the truck will start back up. Last week, he drove from central Iowa to Branson, MO for vacation. He was pulling a small boat and for some reason got almost 20 mpg. He said 16-17 has been tops, since he has owned the truck. I added an Edge with Attitude and a 4" free flowing exhaust to the truck several years ago. During the trip, the CEL came on and the truck was more responsive when taking off from a stop sign and the boost was running 7-8 lbs higher than it normally runs. The higher boost could be because he was pulling the trailer and was in the throttle more than usual. That does not explain the better fuel mileage. It ran fine all the way down. But, coming back home, he said it stalled on him 4 times. I checked the codes and came up with P2036, P1210, P1211, and P 1249. I did a little searching on this site and found out that all of these codes could be the result of the programmer. I am mainly trying to figure out the stalling problem. Could it be the injector wiring harness under the valve covers? Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like a crankshaft position sensor. I had the same prob with mine and a new CPS took care of it. Also I had a missing prob recently that turned out to be under valve cover harnesses.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:41 PM

The most common problem is a camshaft position sensor. I think by code p2036 you mean p0236 which is the turbo boost sensor. These codes you have deal with injection control pressure or ICP but at $25 the cam sensor is a simple 30 minute replacement that needs to be done if it hasn't before. It is on the front cover and has a 2-wire plug and a 10 mm bolt that holds the bracket on.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpu1983 View Post
The most common problem is a camshaft position sensor. I think by code p2036 you mean p0236 which is the turbo boost sensor. These codes you have deal with injection control pressure or ICP but at $25 the cam sensor is a simple 30 minute replacement that needs to be done if it hasn't before. It is on the front cover and has a 2-wire plug and a 10 mm bolt that holds the bracket on.

I screwed up. I put crankshaft when I meant camshaft.

Also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.