rough idle CEL Help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rough idle CEL Help!

came out from work just now and started my truck.... rough idle sounds like misfiring and CEl is on... did this once before but went away after starting to drive.. no luck this time. no white smoke just feels like no power and turbo struggling.. any suggestions before i can get to a scan tool? i'm waiting for a tow truck right now, so any suggestions would help.. I was told these motors have a problem with cam sensors?

Truck is an 02 F350 FX4

thanks!

-Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 11:55 AM

also truck was sitting for two weeks with an empty tank, got home from vaction filled her up and now i'm trouble shooting.. could the heat in the tank cause the old fuel to separate and now i have water in my fuel? anyone have anything on this subject?

-Mike
Old 07-27-2009, 01:03 PM

talked with the girl friends cousin who is a ford master tech, says he thinks it is the connection that goes into the valve covers that some times likes to lose the continuenty. so i will be taking it in today to pull the valve covers and make sure everything is testing out. hope fully this will solve my problem!

-Mike
Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM

ok so while driving the truck to the dealer the cel turned off and the truck started to run normal... Run the scan tool at the dealer ship and it said it had throw a code with something in the injection system... But the truck was now running fine, so we clearing the ECU and updated it. Truck ran fine for the rest of the day. Now with cold starts cel is back on and truck is very sluggish till it warms up. Once warm truck runs normal..Anyone have any idea where to even start? Water in fuel? Bad injectors? which doesnt make sense since all problems go away once truck is warmed up.

-Mike
Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to carnival owner mikey
wish i had somethin for ya bud how are your fuel and oil filters.... theyre touchy bussiness on these motors.. oil quality is crucial too..... maybe your ebpv is sticking.... and yes the cps on our trucks are known to be a problem a lot of guys carry a spare..... good luck
Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 PM

i'm thinkin i've narrowed it down to either the ipr sensor or ipc sensor.... or some other cold start function.. only does this cold.

-Mike

Last edited by TaylorRacing; 07-30-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:50 PM

still no luck yet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.