some input please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 09:39 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to korg70kbc
some input please

Since my truck is down anyway, & people have been screwing with it, I took the opportunity to make sure there were no leaks in the fuel area, there is.
But, my point is.,
I've tried to get my mechanic to check the brake fluid, it seemed dark to me. so, tonight I got a sample ummmmmm, blackish is not normal!!! Looks like burnt oil. How do I flush this system? any hints? And what is the most commonly used/best brand?
then I went on to PS. ok, in January I had a loose hose, so I replaced it & flushed the system at that time. It is now also completely cloudy & dirty dark.
Do I get a new pump only as I also have slop in the steering?
I also took some pictures of the 'local' sensors', they are pretty trashed. Will cleaning them & putting some dielectric grease help?
I also need to know what the 4 relays are b/t brake & PD box. I'm afraid they got wet at one point, so I cleaned them, but what else should I do & what are they too???????????????

thanks[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
uh get a new truck

edit. miss read post
Old 07-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

i havent flushed out a ps line b4. what i would do is drain the pump, and blow air into the system. now as to draining the gear box im clueless. hope someone else will chime in on how to do it properly.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bockhold View Post
uh get a new truck

edit. miss read post
I've been told to get a new truck, but why at this point??? I have known everything thats been fixed, & now I have to deal with the stuff that wasn't maintained, HOPEFULLY, I can find a decent mechanic when I move.
I've been doing pretty good so far, & what tools I don't have my mechanic does. I take him the posts & telll him to do it EXACTLY!! Like the coolant flush, he was cranky, but said that was a effective way to do it right.
Move here bocky, I could use u.

Besides, if they would give me what I want for my PAID OFF truck, Or give me a truck thats perfect for exchange, I'd DO IT!!!
If nothing else, no mechanic will get over on me anymore. But I will continue to play dumb i can find out which r honest, especially cuz I test them against all your answers!! so far, so good.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

i im payin my truck off this month or next

uh move to calli, hell no. i will for alaska tho.

are you still using the same mechanic? i think my ps fluid is a tad bit brown. im not worrying about it. my bushings have my attention due to the constant popping and rattling. .
Old 07-12-2009, 10:45 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

the mechanic I use doesn't LIKE MY TRUCK OR FORDS AT ALL!!!!! He's a Dodge (=avoid) man. but he is still a mechanic with a shop & my neighbor, so he helps me & invites all the help I can get to help him not screw up my truck. I just work in the office or babysit or take videos of his amazing Rubicon Rock Rat!!
I just need to ask 'others" if I should get a pump only or the gear box also. Got a great place that pulls the parts (like pick n pull) then gives u a warrenty on the parts. FUsepanel?gGEm, 3rd brake lite, tailgate cables, & ?, was $130!! with a 6 mth warranty, so yiphee!!

to answer ur ?, I HAVE NO MECHANIC!!! I gather info from all of u & decide what is the most likely to fix it & go with it. I should have a 8 ball like on the diesel tech website
Old 07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

probably the best way to flush a p/s system is to take it to a dealer. yes it might be more expensive than your regular mechanic of all trades but it will keep your truck running like it did the day you bought it. brake systems are not always the easiest to flush out and clean but i suggest just bleeding the brakes all around until the fluid comes out pretty clean. check it again in a month or two and if it is still dirty there may be a problem with a wheel cylinder or a caliper. either that or check for leaks in the brake booster hoses. they may have gotten damaged along the line from all the wear and tear. those connectors, does your cruise control work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.