Ford Can't Figure it Out - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford Can't Figure it Out

I have an 03 powerstroke in a E550 with 75,000 on it. It starts but has no power. Ford has had it under diagnostics for 3 days and can't firgure out what's wrong. They tell me cyl 1,3,5 are dead but don't know why. They tried everthing. No codes, good compression, valve cover gasket OK, pulled injectors & tested each one(all 8) , CCT, good fuel pressure, good HP oil pressure etc., etc, etc. They are even listening to my suggestions at this point and I don't know squat. They've been on the phone with Ford for days and have checked everything, so they say. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM

you didnt pump gas instead of diesel? jk man, im clueless with my own problem! hope my shop is with more luck than yours.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

Heres a bump for you. Good luck getting it fixed...
Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Well being 1,3,5 are all on the same side of the engine. I would be looking at the Under Valve Cover Wiring Harness commonly referred to as the UVC.

I had a problem on my truck. I had the whole right side of the engine not firing. It passed the buzz test but the engine would not run to do a contribution test. I replaced the uvc harness. Guess what the engine fired up and ran smooth.

Being you basically have one whole side of the engine dead that is what I would be looking at.

By the way the harness passed a continuity test as well.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I talked to ford yesterday and they said they started the truck with the valve covers off and no (or very little) oil was dumping out the injectors on that side. Could faulty harness cause this? They think the harness is good cause it passes buzz test . They think HPOP. How could oil flow to one side only? The only thing that could plug the line is the small check valve under the fitting on the pump that keeps the oil from draining out of the line. But the pump would be ok...right? Ford is running scared right now. If they just start changing parts and that doesn't work, I won't pay!! They've been on the phone for days with the big boys.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 AM
lifetime member

Old 07-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

your first mistake was taking it to the ford house... hahaha, unless of course for some reason you are still under warranty. j/k
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by TentGuy View Post
I talked to ford yesterday and they said they started the truck with the valve covers off and no (or very little) oil was dumping out the injectors on that side. Could faulty harness cause this? They think the harness is good cause it passes buzz test . They think HPOP. How could oil flow to one side only? The only thing that could plug the line is the small check valve under the fitting on the pump that keeps the oil from draining out of the line. But the pump would be ok...right? Ford is running scared right now. If they just start changing parts and that doesn't work, I won't pay!! They've been on the phone for days with the big boys.
If it was me I would replace that wiring harness. If I was the Dealership I would replace the harness as well. I would be willing to eat the price of a 45 dollar harness to see if it resolves the problem.

My harness was bad and my truck still passed the buzz test.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK, Ford got me good. Charged me $1500 for the diagnostics (had the truck for 7 days) and they "think" it's the hpop. They want another $1500 to change it parts & labor. I say button it up i've had enough. I took it in running and they give it back and it won't start. I have to tow it out of there. Anyone know of a good way to fight them on this? Consumer advocate help or something. I should at least get it back the way I took it in...running!!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TentGuy View Post
OK, Ford got me good. Charged me $1500 for the diagnostics (had the truck for 7 days) and they "think" it's the hpop. They want another $1500 to change it parts & labor. I say button it up i've had enough. I took it in running and they give it back and it won't start. I have to tow it out of there. Anyone know of a good way to fight them on this? Consumer advocate help or something. I should at least get it back the way I took it in...running!!

They would have taken me to jail! $1,500 WOW, now I would change the harness and drive it in a smoke the place! I would call the BBB at the very least and get a lawyer and take them to small claims court.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.