Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HELP!!!Purging air off after sitting overnight????

832 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  elibenson 
#1 ·
My truck has been running like crap and has no power and a rough idle I have replaced the CPS and UVC harness and it acts like it purges air out of the system when you start it in the morning, I was leaning towards injector problems but the ideling up and down in the morning just seems like another symptom.:dunno: ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
These trucks don't really have a problem with purging air after you initially install fuel injectors. If you do, then you have a problem with injector o-rings or something like that. If it is having to re-prime fuel every time you start cold, it would probably be leaking fuel out on the ground constantly.

Basically, what I am saying is that it is probably not a purging problem. More likely a problem with worn-out fuel injectors.

What is your year/mileage?

Oh, and to both of you, welcome to the ORG. By the way, you might want to stop by the "User Control Panel" and fill out your signature, so people can more easily give suggestions based on your model year/configuration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.