User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-13-2014, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Time for some much needed lovin.

So I finally got a full time job instead of a seasonal job and I can finally afford to get my truck back into the condition I've always wanted it to be in. And I'm starting from the back and working towards the front (aka cheap to expensive). I've already decided to install a new clutch pack in the rear diff instead of going with a true locker (maybe down the road I'll regear and install lockers). And I'm also replacing all the u joints with moog super u joints 295 in the front and the rear shafts. I'll also be replacing the carrier bearing with a timken hb88508a. Then I'll be getting my trans rebuilt with a few things from John Wood. Still waiting to talk to him about it.

I'm kinda curious if there is anything else that should be replaced or any parts that I should look into while doing all this upgrading/repairs that I may have over looked. Or any input from anybody that has done anything similar and would like to share what they did and how well it performed for them. Because I'd really hate to buy something that's no good and have to crawl back under it and do some rework.

Thanks in advance.

2015 F350 6.7l RCLB DRW dual 5" exhaust with 7" tips, no limit stage 3 Intake, SCT tuner with innovative tuning, deleted

SOLD----2002 F-250 4x4 ccsb. 6637, banks big head, banks power elbow, 5"diamond eye turbo back, afe intake manifold, overboost annihilator, TS 6 position chip tuned by swamps, EBPV delete pedestal, wicked wheel, 16% tint all around, smoked recon lights, 06 dodge smoked cab over lights, 6 inch skyjacker system, 38" Parnelli Jones Grippers.
post #2 of 8 Old 04-13-2014, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
if the u-joints are greasable. 08-10 diffcover. check/replace the inner hub seals.

99.5 x-cab 7.3l, 6spd, 161k miles.....
post #3 of 8 Old 04-13-2014, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

I honestly think they are the stock u joints. I've never changed them and I bought it when it was 6 years old. So I'm not sure what the previous owner did to it. But I'm sure it needs new ones with grease zerts.

2015 F350 6.7l RCLB DRW dual 5" exhaust with 7" tips, no limit stage 3 Intake, SCT tuner with innovative tuning, deleted

SOLD----2002 F-250 4x4 ccsb. 6637, banks big head, banks power elbow, 5"diamond eye turbo back, afe intake manifold, overboost annihilator, TS 6 position chip tuned by swamps, EBPV delete pedestal, wicked wheel, 16% tint all around, smoked recon lights, 06 dodge smoked cab over lights, 6 inch skyjacker system, 38" Parnelli Jones Grippers.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-13-2014, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nongreasable joints are actual stronger. Spicer is the best.

Is something wrong with your rear diff? I assume one wheel wonder?

2000 F250 XcabSB, 4x4, 4" strait pipe, DIY intake, FRx, BDP tunes, WW2, 6.0 cooler, BTS VB, gauges, 55w digital projector HIDs
post #5 of 8 Old 04-13-2014, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

I looked into spicer. Was all gung-ho about it. Then couldn't find a dealer.

Yup one tire fire and I have a terrible vibration at takeoff (accrediting the u joints for that as well).

post #6 of 8 Old 04-13-2014, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My napa and oreillys can get spicer

2000 F250 XcabSB, 4x4, 4" strait pipe, DIY intake, FRx, BDP tunes, WW2, 6.0 cooler, BTS VB, gauges, 55w digital projector HIDs
post #7 of 8 Old 04-13-2014, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

I was online searching during my breaks.

post #8 of 8 Old 04-14-2014, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

So I just got my rebuild kit for my diff and I was looking over the install instructions. And I'm not seeing how this can be done without pulling the whole banjo. Any hints as to how is done?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode