ABS Light - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-18-2013, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ABS Light

Hello All;
I need some help with my 2000 Ford F-250 7.3 SD. Four weeks agon I replaced th wheel hubs with sensors. All was well until last week when the ABS light came on. Put code reader on and there were no codes thrown. Checked wheels, no dragging brakes. Checked front sensors .67 and .68 ohms. Tested output by spinning wheel, Rt .56 volts, lft .started at .9 then averaged out to .6 volts. Rear was .6. Started truck, ABS light went out as normal then after 25 yards of driving came on again. Turn off engine and let sit for a few minutes, restart light goes off and stays off until drive short distane and it comes on again. It consistently does this with the light staying on during driving. I'm now baffled. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
GlenInIdaho is offline  
post #2 of 9 Old 11-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenInIdaho View Post
Hello All;
I need some help with my 2000 Ford F-250 7.3 SD. Four weeks agon I replaced th wheel hubs with sensors. All was well until last week when the ABS light came on. Put code reader on and there were no codes thrown. Checked wheels, no dragging brakes. Checked front sensors .67 and .68 ohms. Tested output by spinning wheel, Rt .56 volts, lft .started at .9 then averaged out to .6 volts. Rear was .6. Started truck, ABS light went out as normal then after 25 yards of driving came on again. Turn off engine and let sit for a few minutes, restart light goes off and stays off until drive short distane and it comes on again. It consistently does this with the light staying on during driving. I'm now baffled. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
You have to have a special diagnostic reader to get codes from the abs. Most reputable shops have it and sometimes do it for free, that will help you start somewhere

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 11-18-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, that's good to know I was beginning to doubt by scanner. I have an appointment tomorrow a.m. at a local shop to do a scan. Thank you for the help.
GlenInIdaho is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenInIdaho View Post
Ok, that's good to know I was beginning to doubt by scanner. I have an appointment tomorrow a.m. at a local shop to do a scan. Thank you for the help.
Yes sir its ridiculous it cant be integrated with the pcm but yea id guess it has something.to do with your install of sensors

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 11-18-2013, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I suppose I should have kept the old sensors, but didn't think there might be an issue. The truck has 163 thousand miles on it so I suppose these types of issues are going to spring up. Don't quite understand why it too four weeks to show up, but we'll find out in the morning, (I HOPE!!!) Thanks again
GlenInIdaho is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's an update on the ABS Light

The rear speed sensor was bad. Even though I tested it and found it to be producing 1+ volts, apparently it wasn't functioning properly. All's well now. Thanks for the help!
GlenInIdaho is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

 
drivininidaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Twin Falls, Id
Posts: 3,764
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Thanks: 191
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good to hear.. where are you from in idaho?

Lyndel

'04 F25 SD CCSB
studded, and having some issues.....
MY BUILD THREAD
drivininidaho is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 11-19-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks. Near Boise
GlenInIdaho is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 11-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

 
drivininidaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Twin Falls, Id
Posts: 3,764
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Thanks: 191
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice, im down in Twin.

Lyndel

'04 F25 SD CCSB
studded, and having some issues.....
MY BUILD THREAD
drivininidaho is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome