new beefed up trans - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new beefed up trans

Well had my trans go out in my 2002(late make 01)anyways I have a edge cs evolution prog and a cold air intake,anyways had the trans beefed up,cromoly and carbon clutch and dics,3 stage converter new solenoids and everything else,spent a lot of money so this thing wouldn't go out again,plus plan on adding more hp this summer and also made that clear to the builder.Got the truck back 3 days ago and seemed to be shifting good,well in the last day or so seems like is hitting the gears a little hard,well I have been babyn it a bit ,just to be safe and let her brake in a bit,well today was my 300 mile check up and on the way up to the shop,i got on it a bit while taking of and 1-2seemd like it was slipping or taking too long before it would hit second,like to the point were my rev limiter would kick in,so I take one of the mechanics for a ride and he tells me oh that trans aint slippin when u put it to the floor like that they all do that,well lets just say I was about to reach over and chock him till he was purple,i looked at him and said im not some dumb *** its either slipping or something is not right,does anybody have any helpful pointers for me.By the way reset my programmer nothing,was going to adjust my shift points on prog. tomorrow thinking maybe new converter is a much higher stall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm a obs guy, but my question is weather the torque converter is locking up or not? Was it like this before the rebuild? I've chipped my truck and it made a big difference in the shifts. Other option is a BD valve body.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM

Lock at BD diesel's line of shift products. Call them too. They are great with helping you solve problems. I've got a BD exhaust brake on the 99 Dodge and there great when I was fighting Electrical tranny shift problems. Turned out it had a really that was supposed to have a jumper in it.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabegoforth View Post
I'm a obs guy, but my question is weather the torque converter is locking up or not? Was it like this before the rebuild? I've chipped my truck and it made a big difference in the shifts. Other option is a BD valve body.
No,before it was slipping from 2nd to 3rd,and also overdrive,suppost to be a 3disc converter(recon),and I know the converter is locking in at 3rd and 4th,cause it shows on my programmer,and shifts smooth at times and harder at other times.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Change the programmer first or return to stock and see what it does. Those Edge programmers are known to toastify the 4r100.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 AM

Looks like someone might have the cure. ^
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.34ever View Post
Change the programmer first or return to stock and see what it does. Those Edge programmers are known to toastify the 4r100.
Does anyone know if I can put someone elses tunes on my edge and will that help and keep from my programmer toasting my new beefy trans?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Not gonna happen that I know of. I'd return it to stock and see what's up after that. IMO, a TS with custom tunes is what I'd do but to each his own. You'd chit if you felt the difference.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Took it in today cause still under war.and sounds like it might just be a broken valve spring or just a hung up valve,will find out tom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.