P1876 code(transfer case 2wd solinoid curcuit fault - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P1876 code(transfer case 2wd solinoid curcuit fault

One of the codes that came up while I was playing with AE was P1876. Transfer case 2wd solinoid circuit fault. My 4 wheel drive is not working at this time. Does this telling me that the shift motor is in need of replacement? The indicator light shows 4x4 on the dash when I turn the switch on.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anytime you have a DTC code and aren't sure what the most likely cause is, Google it!

Try -> Ford Superduty P1876

There's a Bunch of info
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The indicator on the dash is tied to the position of the transfer case so your case should be locked when the light is on. The solenoid that's giving the code is likely the one on the passenger side fender for the vacuum hubs. So while you light may be on, the hubs aren't necessarily locked.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
The indicator on the dash is tied to the position of the transfer case so your case should be locked when the light is on. The solenoid that's giving the code is likely the one on the passenger side fender for the vacuum hubs. So while you light may be on, the hubs aren't necessarily locked.
Thank you for the useful reply. I think you got me on the right track. We got snow today and I was able to use 4x4 by manually lock in the front hubs. Again, Thank you for the reply.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is the pulse vacuum hublock solenoid a dealer only item? Or is there any salvage yards that deal in diesel trucks? We don't have any close to me that do.
Thanks.
Dave
Old 06-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
Thanks for this. I just ran the AE on my truck and got this code. While my 4wd works fine, I am sure that the vacuum solenoid is having problems. I just don't want to spend the $60 or more the dealer want for it. I'll just lock my hubs manually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.