1999 F350 bucking and vibrations - big problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 1999 F350 bucking and vibrations - big problems

I have 1999 F350 4wd 7.3 crew cab 8ft bed with 206k. The truck has been acting up intermittently past 6 weeks but lately it's been constant. It started about 6 weeks ago the truck started hesitating when I would press the pedal the rpms would rise but the truck wasn't keeping normal pace. The truck would then correct itself and shift fine smooth but when it got into high gear it would buck and vibrate petty bad always between 35-45 mph. Smoke would emit from the tail pipped usually. Occurred usually when it was cold and wet out. Occasionally the OD light would blink and speedometer wouldnt work until the truck came to a complete stop and accelerated again. The truck did this for about two weeks then it didn't for two weeks. Now it's worse it shifts fine but each gear is a pain. A lot of hesitation and smoke thru each gear until i get to 45 mph. Only bucks and vibrates (whole body shudders) in top gear between 35-45 mph. Checked ATF and the fluid is red and smells ok? It could use changing but I'm pretty sure this isn't it. I bought a new peddle assembly because ford won't sell Throttle Position Sensor separately but put it in last night (as sometimes this can be the problem) but fixed nothing. I also replaced fuel filter and cleaned fuel bowl. I had the #8 injector replaced 3 months ago but I don't think it's a miss. No check engine light. I got out of the truck the other day and noticed a burning rubber smell from rear end area figured it can't be good and possibly related.
So my prime targets are transmission, torque converter, and rear differential. Expensive repairs I'm sure. I'm taking it to a trans shop next week when I have time but I was wondering if any of you recognized these symptoms. I bought the truck a year ago for a work truck. It was definitely beat the hell out of and I over looked a few big things when purchasing it so now its my problem. There is no way i could sell it acting the way it is so ive decided to just grin and bare the repairs hoping things get better. The truck is from AZ and the body, chassis, interior are near perfect. It's just the big ticket items that are causing me headaches now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 04:13 AM

Bump.............,
Old 02-27-2012, 04:05 PM

Bump.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.