Aftermarket lockout hubs for F550 4wd - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket lockout hubs for F550 4wd

I have a 2000 F550 and would like to replace the factory manual lock outs with new after markets. Are there any available for use on DRW applications? Warn and such same there's won't work does anyone know a work around or a product that will work.

Thanks,

Last edited by choctawcattleco; 02-08-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did they say why they won't work? The only difference is the adapter for dual wheels. I was told that you can use Warns but have to clearance the inside of the adapter a little.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctawcattleco View Post
I have a 2000 F550 and would like to replace the factory manual lock outs with new after markets. Are there any available for use on DRW applications? Warn and such same there's won't work does anyone know a work around or a product that will work.

Thanks,
Hi,
I have the same vehicle and am looking for after market hubs as well. Did you ever find any?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 AM

I have a 2002 F-550. I am looking for the same. I called Ford and the part number for the factory locker is the same for 250-550. But for some reason you call the aftermarket places and theirs 250/350 wont fit 450/550. I cant figure it out. Does anyone have any more input? anyone have luck trying to put aftermarkets in?
Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hi, I haven't installed any new hub locks yet. I gather the problem is not enough clearance between the rotating hub and the Warn locking hub casing. Enclosed is a link that talks about machining the manual hub. Warn locking hubs on a dually - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
I have a 99 F250 with Warn hubs when I have more motivation I will remove it off the 250 and try to install it on my 2000 550.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 AM

I went to the link. Looks like Warn will work with milling 1/16" off the outside. I would like to know if this guy gets to use it and let us know if it works. I am not a member of that site. If anyone else is, can they please post and ask the guy to keep us updated on his progress if they work or not.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.