2002 F250 South Bend dual disc clearence problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2002 F250 South Bend dual disc clearence problems

Installed my dual disc 3250 south bend clutch and don`t have any play in the throw out bearing when you tighten up the trans to the engine it force`s the throw out bearing into the pressure plate andkeeps the clutch engaged anybody running one of these clutch`s and had clearence problems with it sent pictures to south bend waiting to hear back
Thanks Charlie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Soon to resolve issue I hope

Sent picture`s of my toasted clutch to Manseil at south bend say`s he is going to send a new clutch that won`t be as tall to fix clearence issue`s we shall see been dealing with this problem since August 2011 will let you know
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Keep us updated, sounds interesting . . . ?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Forgive me for asking, but the disk didn't get installed backwards, causing it to stick out from the flywheel, did it?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sorry have not got back on this but a lot has happened since last post and no the clutgh disc was not in backwards anyway south bend sent me a whole new clutch plus flywheel even paid the shipping put it all together and it worked fine for two days about 100 mile then it started making a clicking noise that kept getting louder also could not shift the thing into gear took it all apart and two of the straps that locate the presure plate had broken and trying to saw the bell housing in half took the presurue plate off and it had broken in two places what a mess e-mailed pictures to south bend they had no idea what went wrong they sent a new presure plate over night air no cost again ,Took the transmission and a used ZF-6 front case to A-1 transmission in Denver CO. they swapped the case and fixed everything suspect in the trans(input shaft,syncro`s,two shift forks and some bearing`s resealed tranfer case with new chain $1350.00 plus $350.00 for the transmission case new clutch fork and pivot, throw out bearing again and new slave and master cylinder.Put it all together made sure clearence`s for disc to input shaft was good even took 1/8 off throw out bearing sleeve for more clearence fpr clutch disc`s well got it all together 3am on easter morning filled the tran`s with 10/30 mobil 1 and went for a ride everything is doing well and working fine will post some picture`s of the broken parts soon all I can say is Mansiel at southbend took care of me on this but still cost lot`s of money out of my pocket will keep you posted

Last edited by blacktuna; 04-10-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.