Bled hydroboost - now the brake warning light is on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 12:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bled hydroboost - now the brake warning light is on

I bled my hydro boost system - by unplugging the 3/8" line behind the master cylinder and rotating the steering slowly and pushing the brake pedal down slowly and refilling with synthetic ATF V over and over until the fluid ran clear - I was careful to not let air in the system and now my brake warning light is on? I also have some brake pedal surge at low speeds?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm guessing I need to rebleed the system but I was careful to follow the instructions and not let the resevoir go dry, so I'm at a loss why I would have a problem?

Love this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 03:43 AM

Well I tried the All-Data bleeding technique, wheels in the air, cap off, lock to lock 40-50 times. My brake light is still on? Any thoughts?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

we just replaced a hydroboost on a camper that came into our shop our master tech said to NEVER bleed the old fasion way.... idk he said it would bust the hydoboost .... anyway he made me turn the wheel left lock right lock about 10 times till the squeal from the ps pump whent down. he said it was a self bleeding system you only had to bleed the brake fluid...->>> and then he used a vacume bleeder.... but the trick on a hydroboost system is it has to be running for this method... good luck
Old 11-14-2011, 04:03 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Why did you bleed the system in the first place? Which brake warning light is on, the red one that comes on with the parking brake?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 AM

Sorry - my first post should have said I was flushing my hydro-boost, not bleeding it.

I did get this issued resolved. An old timer told me to smash the brake pedal hard and hold it, then start the truck. 2nd time was the charm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.