Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help with e-brake

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ToMang07 
#1 ·
Mine won't hold my truck at all. The pads have plenty of meat. I have drove off with the brake on a couple of times. Could this have rendered the pads useless? Do I need to change them or is it a matter of getting the drums turned? I asked in the general discussion forum before I remembered this section was around.

Sent from my portable forum surfing device. :)

#4 ·
And you've had them apart so you know they're not "oil soaked" or anything?

Are they shiny or anything that looks like it would keep them from holding? Maybe a good "scuffing" of both surfaces would help?

Are you sure the cable is actually applying force to the shoes? Could either of the cables, at the drum end, be frozen so you still had a good pedal but weren't really actuating the brakes?

#5 ·
Oil soaked no. Clay soaked yes. I think a good scuffing may work. I tried once but I don't think I did a good job. I tried cleaning it all out and scrubbing the pads along with sanding the drum. I might need to sand the pads and drum with like some 80 grit. I might try that again. I use it every time I park since I have owned it so I am sure nothing is siezed.

Sent from my portable forum surfing device. :)

#6 ·
How do you adjust them, my pedal goes to the floor and nothing happens as far as functionality goes, i figured id try adjusting them before it took off the rotors and shoes

#8 ·
Mine aint working right, either. :tard:

Broke the Front cable a couple months ago, mechanic replaced it... now it's super tight, (barely can move the petal) but doesn't engage the brake at all.

I need to take it apart and look at it. :doh:

Next weekend: Clean/Srcape/sand/paint oil pan and E-Brake Cable. :rofl:

#11 ·
Well i feel better im a noob and was wondering how i managed to buy a truck and the e-brake dosnt work :doh:

Now i see its common so i feel better thanks:hehe:

ok next week disasemble rear brakes and replace and adjust what i can afford right now!! which will be most likley 1 can of brake clean:tard:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.