URGENT HELP WARN HUBS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
URGENT HELP WARN HUBS

hey guys this is urgent i just had a set of warn premium hubs put onto my 2002 f250 and it wont go into four wheel drive. previously it had the manual hubs with the auto and lock setting but under load they would let out and make a really hard jerk and pop. please if anyone knows anything give me a shout i am headed out west with this truck for a sled trip in 2 weeks i need this thing to roll. thanks in advance guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Johnny Law Brown

what do you mean its not going into 4x4? Is the t-case going and turning the front drive shaft if you lock the hubs do they lock the axles, need a lil more info
Old 12-03-2010, 07:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

must be my passenger side hub is not locking in for some reason going to have to take it back to the shop that put the hubs in and have them take a look must have been assembled wrong thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well had the truck back in the shop clip came off the back of the lock out on the passenger side. warn is telling me that this is due to to much pressure most likely due to some bearings in the axle being out. guess i will be ordering up a full set of bearings and tearing into the axle.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 AM

That is Warns stock answer. Did you buy new bearings? I didn't have bearing issues so I kept looking into it. Eventually I stretched the snap ring out a little and made sure the ring was seated all of the way in. Just putting the ring back in was not enough and popped out repeatedly. Pliers are needed to seat the ring properly. In my case it was Warn not seating the snap ring properly IMO. Once the ring was stretched and seated I haven't had another problem.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yeah i replaced the bearings should have known better but warn is sending me a new set and wants mine that kept throwing the clip back but once i get the new warn hubs i will be returning them to where i bought the original set because i have a set of dynatrac dynaloc hubs (Dynatrac DynaLoc Locking Hub) was sick of warns run around and them telling me to replace my wheel bearings which cost me a bunch more money and didnt even solve the problem so thanks to their crappy customer support they have lost my business for the future and i am going to strongly advise everyone i know against their product although it may be a good product i have had no luck with their product and their customer service is extremely poor
Old 10-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Not to steal the thread. But when you take apart your hubs the 3 spacers are on top of the snap ring right? So the snap ring would be the last thing you remove when your taking off the unibearing assembly?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i am not sure it has been to long since i have seen my warn hubs as soon after i bought them and started having issues i sent the back and bought dynoloc hubs. but the one thing i have learned is never trust the warn tech support they were sure that my wheel bearings were going out causing to much pressure on the hub causing it to come apart. well after spending alot of money and replacing my wheel bearings the issue continued..... i was not impressed by the product or the tech support so that is the last time i will ever buy any of their products. my dynoloc hubs on the other hand have been trouble free.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Has anyone seen any good detailed exploded views of these warn hubs around? Preferably pdf?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

exact same problem here......warn sucks for this application!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.