Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Steering and brakes not right

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jc82chevyman 
#1 ·
I have an 01 C.C sd f250 and if i have my foot on the brake i cant turn the wheel at a dead stop. I was thinking the box was junk because if i am driving sum times the streering wheel will take off and jerk left to right.

I have put alot of work and new parts into my truck due to the fact the guy i got it from ran it into the ground before he sold it.He had no money to fix N E thing, not *****n because i got it dirt cheap but gettn sick of chasing parts.

I have repalce the whole brake system Master, Booster, Calipers ive done upper and lower joints and still have steering problem if any one has any suggestions that may help i would apperciate it Thanks

#2 ·
Sounds like bad power steering pump . They run the steering and are the brake booster as well .

#4 ·
Did you get the air all bled out . Sometimes that can be a chore . I have heard some shops actually pressure bleed them .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.