Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone took a ZF6 apart from transfer case ?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  builtnotbought 
#1 ·
I cant find a diagram and what it looks to be a plate between the tranny and the transfer case that attach to the tranny mount is broken. so my tranny is floating in the air lol. I was wondering if, where it is broken, is the actual transmission housing or just a plate that goes between the tranny and transfer case that i could buy or make ?

#3 ·
Only thing between the transmission and xfer case is a paper gasket. the xfer case is necked down and has threaded holes in the end. The plate your referring to is going to be the end of the transmission. If it were me I would pull the tranny out and have it welded. If it doesnt hold up then replace the whole case. Good luck

#5 ·
I am not shure what happened, the previous owner once went to a pulling competition and that is the only thing that i think could a broke it. I went to ford today and it is part of a housing between the tranny and the xcase, they want $835 for the housing. So i am going the have it welded to see if it is going to last. Here is a couple picture of what i am talking about hehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.