Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: May 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DRIVESHAFT PLAY HELP!!
Hey guys. Im going to make this easy to read:
- the last few days my truck has been vibrating/making noise at around 50 and 75 ish MPH.
- it also makes a clicking/"gas grill ignitor" noise when going from 0-15 miles an hour
- I took it into GOODyear to get a diagnostic.
- they said my driveshaft has play in it, they can move it 30* with their hand. and that my rear 2 U-Joints have play in them, and that my front right axle seal is leaking.
- they dont know if this is whats causing the shaking/vibrating/noise
Do any of you guys know if this stuff seems like it would be causing it?!!! I need help!!
I am planning on buying all of my parts from O'rielly and then either doing it myself or taking it to a shop.
Are U-Joints easy to install? its the 2 rear ones. what a bout an axle seal?
2001 F250 Lariat Xcab 4x4 Short Bed
-AFE stage II
-Smoked 2008 Taillights
-Recon Smoked Brake Light
-Full 2007 Conversion w/ Harley Lights
-MBRP 4" str8 pipe w/ RBP 6" tip
-Tailgate Brake Light
-Autometer:Boost, EGT, Trans Temp
-PHP/TW "Twin Tuned" Chip
-DDM 6k HiD's
SOON TO COME
-20x12.5 black wheels
-recon smoked cab lights
Support Our Troops ODA-5122