Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rear rotor won't come off

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tech5 
#1 ·
I've got a passenger side rear e-break that is sticking. I'm trying to get the rear rotor off. Took the caliper bracket off and can't get it free for anything. Made sure the e-break is off and have used heat. I've taken to banging it with a steel hammer on the drum part - not the rotor. Any suggestions?!!?

#3 ·
get a new rotor and take the tourch and cut it in half thats how i got mine off. the ebrake in the drum sucks if it has anykind of age on it

#4 ·
ya i just banged mine off with a 3 pund sledge hammer after about 20 minites it gave in and came off but you will need a new one as i smashed peices off mine and watch out for the dust sheild when your banging away at it you dont wont to hit it and bend it or you have a whole new can of worms to deal with

#5 ·
Lots of heat and a couple of whacks with a 3lb hammer and it finally popped off. Now I can't figure out how to get the parking break pads off. My Chilton's manual says to take off the two springs, but I guess I need a spring hook or something to do that? Stumped again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.