Spyntec or Dynatrac - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spyntec or Dynatrac

I have an 2001 Excursion 7.3l. I need to replace the hubs in the front and have been contemplating using the Spyntec or Dynatrac conversion kits to replace the whole hub assembly and have manual lockouts. Has anyone used these and how do you like them. Also, what do you do with the vacuum line since you be using them to lock out the hubs? These aren't cheap so I just want some opinions before I pull the trigger.
Thank you very much for any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Could someone explain to me why one would spend all that money when you already have manual hubs with the auto hubs????
Old 03-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to HostileWes
ipz2222, Auto hubs suck. they never last with over sized tires and TQ unless you keep it on the pavement or really lay off the skinny pedal. First time you get a tire in a bind, the hub it gone. And if its a stock axle, its going to be the short side. (less deflection in the shaft being shorter than the other makes it go before the long side) Every truck i have ever had with them, the first thing i do it get the manual kit and toss it in the back, and everytime, it has been used.

StHubert, I picked up a set of 60's from Dynatrac a while back for a crawler. Although i never delt with Spyntec, Dynatrac has awsome customer service. Since no one voted for you, ill speak mine i guess.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

HostileWes, thank you for the reply. I went with Dynatrac, they just came by UPS yesterday. I guess I got a weekend project.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to HostileWes
StHubert, Good deal. I missed the part about the the vacuum lines. You have two choices. There is a electronic box that when your transfer case sees 4X4, creates a few inches of vacume, locking the hubs. Some manual hub kits tell you to unplug this box, this can cause a light to come on with the computer thinking there is a issue in the system. Just do the old school fix, plug the end, zip tie it to the axle tube and the computer will never know the diffrence.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Serving Our Country!

Dynatracs here and just plugged the vac. lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.