Front End Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front End Problems

I have been lurking these forums for about a year and a half, and have recently landed a job and plan to join as a paying member in the coming weeks. I have a few questions for you.

1.) I have a 2000 F 250 4x4 reg cab that has recently started a "squeek"/noise in the front end. It seems to come whenever the suspension goes up and down through its range of motion and it sounds/feels like it is coming from under the drivers side floor boards? I have search the forum and read about the leaf spring shims, do you think this could be the cause? I believe the truck has the original shocks(130,xxx miles), could this be the cause?

2.) My buddy has a 2002 F250( stock with a diablo tuner, I know) with around 140,000 miles and he has been experiencing front end "looseness" He claims that he has had everything replaced in the front end, except for the steering box. He says that he has a ton of understeer and the steering is really sloppy. Any ideas? I know his truck has been to the "shop" repeatedly and everytime he gets it back its not much better.

Any help would be much appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

on your truck im no help but your buddies truck sounds like it just need the box tightened up... there is a allen headed screw with a lock nut on it somewhere on the box (im not positive where) just tighten it about a 1/4 turn and see if that changes anything
Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Rick. I will take a look at that.

Does anyone have any information about my truck. Hopefully there will be more traffic on here this weekend. It is almost like a squeak. Whenever the suspension moves it creeks, it will even do it under slight movements when I brake or accelerate as the truck nosedives or rebounds back.

I would really appreciate any help or ideas regarding this issue.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker08 View Post
Thanks Rick. I will take a look at that.

Does anyone have any information about my truck. Hopefully there will be more traffic on here this weekend. It is almost like a squeak. Whenever the suspension moves it creeks, it will even do it under slight movements when I brake or accelerate as the truck nosedives or rebounds back.

I would really appreciate any help or ideas regarding this issue.
My truck started doing this also when I installed a leveling kit on my truck. Sounds like its the shackle/leaf spring bushing to me. Do have a lift or leveling kit on your truck?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I believe that the previous owner did install a leveling kit, but I'm not 100%. I have had the truck for a year and a half and it just recently started this, so I'm pretty sure it is unrelated to the leveling kit.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check your bushings underneath. The stablizing bar bushings on mine got dry and cracked and started to squeak. Try spraying them with some silicon spray to lubricate them. If that doesn't work WD-40 should do the trick. And about your buddies truck. I know all about the front end problems. I replaced everything under my front end. Hubs, ball joints, all the tie rods. I tried to tighten my steering box but the only thing it did was actually tighten the steering meanin makin it harder to turn the whee. So I ended up replace the steering box. I still have a slight bit of play but thats from my upper tie rod has a loose joint
Old 01-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I drove 2000 F-250 Superduty and the front end squeaked all the time. I had to spayed BP-Blaster on all the front spring bushing too get the squeak to go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.