no low 4x4 or dash indicator lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 05:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no low 4x4 or dash indicator lights

i have a 2000 f350 7.3 auto. the dash lights for the 4x4 and low 4x4 do come on when i turn the key on, so i know the bulbs are still good. it has the dash switch and when i put it in high 4x4 it does go into high 4x4,i can feel it in the front end when turning , when i put in into low 4x4 it stays in high and still no dash lights telling what it is in. i looked at the plugs on the transfer case and they are clean and both are connected, what is my next step?????? thanks for any and all help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

If you can get it scanned. I scanned a truck today that the 4 Lo light wouldn't come on until you moved forward a little. It came up with a soft code that the 4 low sensor wasn't reading properly.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:44 PM

thanks for the reply, even in 4x4 high the "4x4" light will not come on, does the high and low operate off the same sensor?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

To put our trucks in 4 lo you have to put them in neutral and hold your foot on the brake then turn the knob to 4 lo. You have to do the same to get out of 4 lo as well... Its not the case for 4 hi. I think its a saftey feature
Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 PM

I am having this problem as well, but my dash lights will not read 4x4 or low range. Also my truck will not even go in to 4x4 auto or manual. Need help!!!! plus my truck was recently reflashed could this be the problem? Fueses are good as well.

2006 PSD 6.0
Old 11-21-2009, 12:35 PM

i tried the neutral and foot on the brake, it will go into 4 high only, no dash light still.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:56 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by snopro442 View Post
i tried the neutral and foot on the brake, it will go into 4 high only, no dash light still.
The lights are controlled by the switch on the dash, then also by the GEM Module. The module that controls the lights should be located under the dash behind the glovebox on the passenger side. At least on a 2002 that is where it is at.

The switch sends a signal to the module the module sends a signal to the t-case motor, that then shifts the t-case into the desired selection.

Then when the t-case locks into the desired position it sends a signal to the module which then sends a signal to the dash to light up the proper light.

I know all this because I have been dealing with 4wheel drive issues on my truck for a while now.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah my truck is doing something similar. it will only shift into 4 high and will not go into 4 low. When i click it to 4 low it just stays in 4 high. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.