Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ts chip, weird shifting?

7K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Cortes9773 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 97 F-250 and i just installed a ts chip with the "canned tunes" the truck is basically stock so I figured these would be fine for now, but the question i have is the shifting with the chip, mostly in the 140hp position and 100hp position the way it shifts is hard to explain, first to second shifts smooth but kinda slow and then second to third,and so on, takes quite a while to shift and seems to want die off almost while shifting, not sure if this is how its is supposed to be or if i should just pull the trigger and get the chip reburned with "custom tunes", any help will be appreciated Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Ok thanks, and yes it did have the wrong pcm code the company i order it from told me that the code the chip had was the same programing as my pcm code but as long as the dpc code was the same it was fine but i guess not, so i called again and they charge $40 to just have the correct pcm code burned on so i may do that as the truck is stock for the time being, but I appreciate your offer and i will be interested in getting custom tunes like you offer so i will keep you in mind. Thanks again really appreciate it

#13 ·
Yeah they are not trying to help so screw them, And yes I emailed cnc fabrication to see what they recommend for me hopefully they answer soon so I can place an order to have it reburned with custom tunes. Thanks for the input really appreciate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.