No start, no smoke 95 OBS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No start, no smoke 95 OBS

The truck was running fine, parked it for a few weeks last fall and then it would not start. I've tried a few things already with no luck... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The truck is a 95 F250 w/ 330k miles. 5spd trans. It has tuner, exhaust, intake.

- I removed the tuner after it stopped starting.
- The weather got very cold very fast with summer fuel in the truck. I have dumped 911 and cetane boost in the tank since.
- Replaced the fuel pump and all low pressure lines to/from the fuel bowl, replaced fuel filter, and filled the fuel bowl back up with fuel.
- Replaced the CPS, tried starting with the ICP unplugged, cleaned the fuel screen, the HPOP reservoir has oil.
- front tank leaks and hasnt been used in years. Fuel gauge moves when tank selector is switched.
- Havent used a fuel pressure gauge, but fuel sprays out the schrader valve with decent pressure after trying to start.
- Tach shows rpms when cranking
- No check engine light
- No smoke when cranking
- Tried cranking with other trucks hooked up to jumper cables, so I dont believe its a battery issue.
- All fuses including #22 look good
- Oil level is slightly over the full mark

I've read some other no start threads but am running out of ideas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Junk IDM. If you know someone with a 7.3, you could just swap them and see if it starts.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

IDM

Agree with Dhanna. Swap the IDM and see if it runs. If it is the IDM, bend the inside of the quarter panel so water will not get trapped behind. You can also check for voltage at the wiring harness leading to the valve cover gaskets while turning the engine over.

When my IDM fried, you could smell it when I pulled it out.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I haven't been able to get an IDM to test that out yet. But I discovered the truck will start if I pinch off the fuel return line along the frame. I can then take the vicegrips off and it will keep running. I tore apart the Fuel Pressure Regulator on the fuel bowl and cleaned everything out. I put a BB under the spring to shim it too. The truck will still only start if I pinch off the fuel return line. I suspect the problem is in the fuel pressure regulator somewhere... Is there a cheaper way to fix it than buying an entire fuel bowl assembly? Or could there be another problem that I am overlooking? Thanks again for your adivice.

Ron
Old 08-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sound like your not getting enough fuel to run. Check fuel delivery side from tank to pump for blockage. Fuel pressure at regulator?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
no smoke, no start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.