NEED HELP!!No wait to start/Check Engine Light on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 04:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEED HELP!!No wait to start/Check Engine Light on

Hey. I'm new to the forum and to owning a diesel. I have worked on them before and would say I'm mechanically inclined. I have very recently bought a 1995 f250 that i thought was a good deal. It is automatic, 4x4, regular cab with 245xxx miles. Has had transmission/transfer case rebuilt within last 10,000 miles and new injectors about 15,000 miles ago. Also has a TS 6 position chip. Have most receipts and some maintenance records. In the past week i have put on quite a few parts which include new batteries, glow plug relay, idler pulley, starter. After I installed those parts the truck was up and running. It started cold at 15* first hit. I drove it for a day or so perfect. I probably started it 10 times. Then my cousin broke the ignition switch not the lock cylinder. I guess he turned to hard. Installed a new one and now the truck will crank but no wait to start light, and a check engine light has come on. Here's what I have checked:
  • checked all fuses and relays 4 times with voltmeter
  • Tried to jump the GPR, no good
  • made sure i was getting a good battery connection
  • reinstalled the old ingnition switch, same thing as new one
  • Unplugged the fuel bowl heater, maybe causing a short
I have smoke coming out of the exhaust back pressure valve. I didn't want to crank to much or maybe it would have come out of the exhaust but i cranked it probably about 5 times over a few times. When i crank im getting RPMs. Its like the PCM is burned out or wont work. I also have dash lights that stay on when the key is off like the check engine light and the battery light. I need help please. I tried to be as detailed as possible. Please give me any feedback. THANKS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anything??? Any input is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.