Clutch pedal goes to the floor? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch pedal goes to the floor?

I know we've covered the clutch-pedal-bushing issue for pedals that go all the way to the floor, and but how about one that goes to the floor... and STAYS THERE?!

I just got done with the clutch job this weekend, my wife helped me bleed the clutch and it went into all gears, so I called it good. But now twice, the pedal has gone all the way to the floor, and stays right there! I had to flick it up with my toe, and on the next pedal stroke, it was fine. Fortunately, both times it happened at a stop.

Did I miss some air in the system somehow? I followed the standard bleeding procedure (pushing the slave cylinder to force the fluid and air back up the line), which seemed to work, but if it happens mid-shift while on the road, it might be an issue! Any suggestions?

Nick

1995 F250 XLT 7.3T (on donor '97 engine with 180xxx miles) 4x4 - LuK SMF, Diamond Eye 3" downpipe to 5"straight-pipe exhaust. ZF5 manual trans, Curt hide-away gooseneck hitch, Super Duty suspension conversion.

1997 F250 XLT 7.3T - 2wd E4OD, alloy wheels w/ bald tires, gooseneck hitch, pretty much bone stock. Soon to become a trailer, spare tires, spare parts, and scrap.
post #2 of 4 Old 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM

i ran into this problem on my old 94 turbo idi... went through three slave cylinders within 4 months... it ended up that someone before me installed the wrong slave cylinder, went up to ford shop and got the right part.. never happened again..

97 OBS 183k, 5-speed, 3.5"dp,4"exh,diy intake,luk solid flywheel swap,edge evo, AND NEW PAINT!
post #3 of 4 Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well, as it turns out it must have been air in the MC. We just got back from a trip to Missouri, and apart from the alternator seizing up (just AFTER we got there, praise God!) and eating the fan belt, we had no problems. Not a single problem with the clutch since then, so I guess it's solved.

Nick

1995 F250 XLT 7.3T (on donor '97 engine with 180xxx miles) 4x4 - LuK SMF, Diamond Eye 3" downpipe to 5"straight-pipe exhaust. ZF5 manual trans, Curt hide-away gooseneck hitch, Super Duty suspension conversion.

1997 F250 XLT 7.3T - 2wd E4OD, alloy wheels w/ bald tires, gooseneck hitch, pretty much bone stock. Soon to become a trailer, spare tires, spare parts, and scrap.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That happens to me all the time. Always when im racing some one. Clutch petal sticks to the floor and I loose the race! And thats with a New clutch, new single mass fly, new slave cylender, new hyd line, and resivour and atchuator. Its reallllll annoying.

1994.5, 2.5 lift, 35s on 17x10 MHTs, Intercooled, Stage 3 injectors, Nitrous, 6637, Water/Meth, 3" DP, 4" Magnaflow, IDM, TS Chip, 4.10s, 33s, 4 Pod pillar. 6000k HIDs.

Converted From ZF5 To E4OD w/ PCS TCM-2000 Tuneable Trans Computer, 6.0L Trans cooler and Triple Disc TC.

Up next Install electric fuel, ladder bars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode