Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Belt came off, not even shredded, but metal is?

997 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  KS_ 
#1 ·
My power steering and brakes completely went out. Luckily I was at home. This metal piece is completely shredded and looks like it'll be fun to replace. Anyone know what this thing is called?

See less See more
#2 ·
Your pulley bearing failed (and the pulley probably melted from the heat ... at least that's what mine did on the 94). I would call it the Alternator bracket, but who knows what Ford might call it. Are you sure you can't just remove the remnants of the pulley bushing and bolt and replace the pulley? Cheers!

#3 ·
My first thoughts was that it was stuck in there and there was no gettin it out. But I tried to take it off and it came right off. Found my pulley where I was parked before pulling in the garage. So that was the problem:/ I just cant find that screw anywhere but its too late to call napa or check an auto yard... I feel stupid lol. It was a lot easier than I thought :doh:

#4 ·
Gert a new idler from Ford as it will come with a new bolt. I can't remember whether its grooved or smooth, but I got replacements for about $18. Cheers!

#5 ·
I got it alk figured out. The dealer wanred 49 dollars for the thing that came with the screw. So I said screw that. Went to a bunch of junkyards that didnt have squat. I went to a pick your own parts place called LKQ and got one off a 99 f150. Bolt was just a 1/16 of an inch shorter but it worked fine. Well worth $6

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.