oil leak passenger side - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil leak passenger side

Now I've noticed after changing my oil I have a small oil leak on passenger side coming out of this seal thats pushed out a little and is letting oil come down it. Anyway to fix this myself easily how would I be able to do it? I'm decent with a wrench but not good. Here's are some pictures of it

Last edited by 7.3kid; 12-08-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I think this is the oil dipstick tube. If so have any of you guys used strictly diesels adapter kit? (1996 Ford F250/350 OBS 7.3L Strictly Diesel Dipstick Adapter Repair Kit) When installing their kit you have to drop your stock adapter into the oil pan, how does that not hurt anything? Also do any of you guys use/used this kit and how did it work for you? I don't have a lot of money from all the repairs that have been made on my truck but if I get something fixed I want it fixed right, I have $1000 left in my bank before I am literally broke but I've already thrown $3000 at it fixing leaks and all sorts of stuff, but hopefully this will be the last I spend on it for a good while. So what are all of your opinions on this kit and how good does it work?
Old 12-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Also if you were changing the orings on the adapter and the adapter fell in wouldn't just going and buying this new one be cheaper instead of having to take motor out? Also if when you were changing out the orings on the adapter and the old ones fell in the drain pan could that clog up anything?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This happened to me last year. There are some good articles on the repair of this. I went to the ford dealership got a new nut and o-ring. I cant remember how much maybe 20 bucks. Then I went to walmart and got a gun cleaner. Cant remember what it was called but it was basically a wire brush that went threw the dip stick hole then then the wire bristles kept it from falling in while I very carefully put a new oring on it. Then I put the new nut on with some RTV stuff from auto zone. Then caked the whole thing with some super high quality rtv stuff. Took me about an hour only spent 30-40 bucks. It has not leaked since. I hope this helps a little. If I could do it I'm sure you can. I'm not very mechanical savvy
Old 12-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've read some of them and it doesn't look too terribly hard but very nerve racking lol. Did you take off your starter to do it when you did? Also I can move the adapter and push it up against the oil pan without using much force, don't know if that means anything but it feels weird to me, I can push it up against the pan but as I let go it moves back off the pan. I thought it might be just lose so I tried to hand tighten it and it was already good and tight. I think until my leak gets real bad I'm just gonna watch my oil and live with it and hope it'll last til the weather warms up some haha
Old 12-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea I took the starter off. The nut on mine came completly off the only thing holding it was the dipstick. It was pretty nerve racking for sure
Old 12-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dang! Thatd be a bad feeling seeing that!! There's only one bracket holding the dipstick to be able to remove it correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.