grinding or rubbing or what?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
grinding or rubbing or what??

Well, I got another problem, whenever I have my truck in reverse 1st or second gear and take off there is no noise going straight but whenever I turn it in these gears the tires feel like their rubbing and theres a sound like... well I'm not sure how to describe other than a rubbing sound and feels like a very very minor jerking speedo doesnt jump but you can definitely hear it too. What throws me off so bad is it only does it when I have the truck in gear. I can press the clutch in when rolling and turn and it wont do it, but if I have it in gear and turn it will do it. At high speeds I hear no noise and feel nothing though, the speed it stops at is around 15mph or so. The tires arn't rubbing, I looked and there is no wear spots on the tire, thought they could be hitting the bumper, no luck. Also it doesn't matter if I turn the truck all the way til the steering wheel wont go no more or if I turn it just to about 90 degrees, you're going to hear it and feel it if you arn't going fast. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.