almost up in flames - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
almost up in flames

My neigbor has a 97 dually with a 7.3. He called me over cause it wouldnt start. His wait to start light wasnt coming on. So I got on here and looked up threads on this and found a bunch of threads about the fuel heater going bad causing it to blow the fuse for the glow plugs. We replaced the 30 amp fuse and tried it again just to see, and sure enough first electical smoke and then white smoke like diesel almost ready to ignite came up from the fuel bowl. tore it apart and found the heater had melted all the way through the plastic connector on the side of the fuel bowl and deisel was pouring out onto the melted wire. I would say we were a couple seconds from a major engine fire, especially since he had just drained the separator and there was already a bunch of deisel all over the block. Anyway just wanted to thank everyone for this great resource and all the help here. I can always come here and get the answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Conservative and Proud

Thank goodness it didn't ignite!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
I agree with Tiff on that one! Hope you get your neighbor all squared away Chris
Old 08-11-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I agree with Tiff on that one! Hope you get your neighbor all squared away Chris
He is supposed to get the parts today, Should be an easy fix. Im surprised they designed it like that. The element inside the bowl was completely melted and with it being in the bowl with a plastic connector im surprised it wasnt recalled. seems like a major fire hazard. Im just glad it didnt go up in flames. Kind of funny though while I was helping the neigbor my wife had started a fire burning some cardboard in the fire pit in the back yard. My neighbor asked if that was normal and I said yea shes probably just burning some papers and stuff. Then a minute later theres alot of smoke and i said I better go look, I ran to the fence and looked over and the whole yard was on fire. The fire from the pit had lit the dry grass on fire. so I jumped the fence and got the fire extinguiser and put it out. My back yard is now all black. Not a good day for fires.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by cja7928 View Post
He is supposed to get the parts today, Should be an easy fix. Im surprised they designed it like that. The element inside the bowl was completely melted and with it being in the bowl with a plastic connector im surprised it wasnt recalled. seems like a major fire hazard. Im just glad it didnt go up in flames. Kind of funny though while I was helping the neigbor my wife had started a fire burning some cardboard in the fire pit in the back yard. My neighbor asked if that was normal and I said yea shes probably just burning some papers and stuff. Then a minute later theres alot of smoke and i said I better go look, I ran to the fence and looked over and the whole yard was on fire. The fire from the pit had lit the dry grass on fire. so I jumped the fence and got the fire extinguiser and put it out. My back yard is now all black. Not a good day for fires.
HOLY CRAP! Didn't she have a hose handy???
Old 08-11-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee34 View Post
HOLY CRAP! Didn't she have a hose handy???
She said she thought it was out and that the baby was crying so she went in the house for a minit.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
She said she thought it was out and that the baby was crying so she went in the house for a minit.
Wow that could have gotten totally out of control! But hey your yard should come back greener than before.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee34 View Post
Wow that could have gotten totally out of control! But hey your yard should come back greener than before.
Haha! I lol'd!

Quote:
Thats how lots of forest fires happen. Campers think there fire pits are out, hot ember leaps out, BOOM!
Glad everthins aright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.