Help please! Truck doesnt start after injector new o rings - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Help please! Truck doesnt start after injector new o rings

Hello to everyone.

This is a 96 f250 modified to run on diesel and wvo.
I erase the fuel bowl and add an electrical pump.
The truck was running good until 2 weeks ago.
Me and my girlfriend are travelling from Alaska to Chile.. we start 3 months ago from Vancouver all the way up to Alaska, Dempster highway and now we are stuck in Whitehorse, Yukon.

We were on our way south and the truck start to loose power... al this was on diesel, not wvo...
This is normal when a filter start to get clogged, so I replace the filter but didnt change, no power and start to smoke blue.
We drive it back to whitehorse to a friend house and since then we been working on the truck checking from the air intake, filters, fuel lines, pump, restrictions, etc.
Basically start strong, but it smoke tons of blue smoke and has no power... i have to drive it 1 block to the garage shop, and was very slow and if I give gas it start to stumble ans smoke more...

A mechanic came with a code reader and recommend me check orings
I did o rings on passenger side and check that were very flat and there was some carb build on the injectors, so I clean and replace orings in all 8 injectors.
Today i finish the job and try to start but couldnt, I try like 8 times cranking from 15 to 20 seconds. The crank was strong but didnt start.
I drain the batteries in the process...
I also replaced the fuel pump.

Before I replace the injectors, drain the rails, also purge any excess fuel/oil from the cylinders with the starter solenoid and glow plugs removed, I did 3 cycles of 15 second .

Tomorrow Im going to try again with longer cranking times, but in the meantime any input is highly appreciated, and if any of you is in Whitehorse and have a scaner in hand, that will be very helpful aswell.
Im working on a friend of a friend garage, but Im afraid I have to leave the place tomorrow..
As you can imagine we are on a tight budget for a year trip so Im trying to do must of the job with the truck...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It takes a long time to get oil and fuel back to the injectors. The first time I did one I had the same thoughts, good batteries and charger it's a must and in in good hot tx I can't fathom doing one up there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-12-2013, 07:39 PM

The other thing I notice is that oil was low, like 1 quantity below the low line... before I start the surgery I checked the oil and was almost full... I dont know if this is because of the orings replacemnet and is normal or maybe should I add some more oil???

Hope fully tomorrow starts, but if it doesnt, will be good to have an idea where to start checking...
Old 10-13-2013, 05:56 PM

Charged the batteries last night and try today...
It almost start...
but it didnt...

I try 6- 7 times, after that the batteries died... 25 to 35 seconds cranking... with 5-10 minutes break...
Disconnect the ICP sensor just to try... didnt work...

If I reinstall the injector again, should I follow exact same procedure the first time I did it? drain the rails, purge cylinders from any oil-diesel?
Maybe an injector was no seat proper...

ANy other ideas where to look for?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2013, 06:24 PM

I would charge the batts up and give it another try before i took it back apart

Old 10-13-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slandry786 View Post
I would charge the batts up and give it another try before i took it back apart

Thanks for the reply slandry, I will .. Im also contacting the mechanic to see if we can monitor with a scanner whats going on... but sunday is not the best day to contact people...

Old 10-13-2013, 06:43 PM

Ya I'm trying to think of the last 7.3 I did I know the last 6.0 I did studs on I went back and checked all my connections it took so long I thought I had something wrong

Old 10-15-2013, 03:46 PM

It finally start today after trying 17 times...
I disconnect the sensor map, cause it was on my way and start right away..
I let it idle for 10 minutes and sounds strong and the blue smoke reduced A LOT..
I accelerate it on idle and the power is back...
It leak oil from the exhaust, what i read its normal
BUT..
after 10 minutes on idle its stops... i reconect the map sensor...it took a while to make it start again and starts and I drive it to my friend home very slow, with almost no power... It turns off in front of my friend house..
Now Im waiting to charge the batteries and let it idle for a while and drive it on the highway to take all the air out...

Can the sensor map be the guilty of all this???

At least starts now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
no start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.