Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

start prob

840 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SMKSTAX 
#1 ·
# 22 fuse was blown replaced it & it blew again.tried to find the fuel heater wires to unplug but couldnt find them.looked at the glow plug relay & one post looked kinda burnt. swapped it for a new one starts fine now.i would still like to know where the fuel heater wires in case i need to trouble shoot it again sometime.it is a 97 psd.

thanks

#2 ·
Looking at the fuel bowl there is a plug on the bottom right hand side. If you dont see it, pull the filter out and you will see where the heater plugs in.

#3 ·
:dunno:does your fuel heater have to be plugged in? mine is unplgged on the side of the bowl and i am having a rough time starting it, never noticed if it was unplugged before i removed the fuel bowl assy to clean it out and change the fuel lines but now put it back together and its not plugged in... the end terminal is all melted..... but i am not blowing any fuses...:dunno:
any body have any ideas?:crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.