Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ts chip problem?

839 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jkdaripa 
#1 ·
Hey all, im new to the forum so thanks inadvance for any help! I have a 95 f250, recently installed I canned tune ts chip(1 week ago). Last night while driving home I noticed that my right turn signal light on the dash was solid green. I thought that maybe my turn signal was out, when I got home I got out and turned my right signal on and both signals front and back were flashing as if the hazard lights were on. This morning I came out to start the truck and it wouldn't turn over, it just dumped a great deal of white smoke out. While I'm at it, I know my glow plug relay is bad and needs to be replaced because I saw that it had started to melt when changing my oil. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Note: I'm pretty positive the chip is tight and I taped it in place to keep dust out of the PCM

#3 ·
Ts problem found

Yes i did,When I pulled the PCM out I opened it up to be able to access the area better. I did find yesterday that when I reached my hand behind the e brake and actually push the chip, the truck started and ran fine. I guess it came loose and had a bad connection. I wish that chips came with an adapter cover for the PCM to hold the chip in place and protect the circuit board, taping it up seems kinda cheesy to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.