94 Powerstroke Stalling need help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jsoundguy
Question 94 Powerstroke Stalling need help?

Okay please help read entirely still sounds weird to me. Have a 94 powerstroke 364,000 miles runs good accept, it stalls or hicups sometimes under electrical loads that shouldn't make it! If you are sitting at a redlight with a signal on it will try to hicup or sometimes stall when you are trying to take off. the main regular driving problem is the signals. it gets worse with a trailer and if you have the trailer brakes hooked up activating them will kill it every time. Other things that will make it hicup are hazzards, headlights, bright lights, brake being applied, interior light. It seems to be getting worse at night battery gauge is lower than usaul. The weird thing is the a/c radio don't affect it at all. more hicups at night but can happen anytime even changing lanes at 70 it hicups. Alternator is less than a year truck was doing this before and after it was installed one battery is about 3 years one is 2 years i think i have almost had the truck a year. I had the battiries checked a few months ago seemed fine they said. THis is my daily driver gets 20 plus on the highway don't tow much by the way all the specs it is a 1994 (built in june 94) powerstroke f-250 extended cab long bed 5 speed all stock except k & N in factory box 364,000 miles. Please HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any Ideas anyone please help!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine did the same thing. Does it fire right back up after it dies? For me it was the alternator. It was still putting out some juice but not enough so under high loads the batteries had to back it up. Since they didn't get properly charged any more either it acted up. Alternator test is free a Auto Zone and those places. If you have a Voltmeter you can check a little bit yourself. Check battery voltage with Truck off, should be a little more than 12V. Crank it, now it should be upwards of 14V (after glow plug relay has shut off), maybe a little below 14V with all electrical equipment turned on (High Beams, Fan to High, Max A/C). If it is only 13V or so your alternator is bad. If you replaced it before maybe you got one with lifetime warranty?

Good luck!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
have you replaced your cam postion sensor?
mine did wierd things like that, i changed the cps and it has been fine ever since.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to kx592
its 100% the CPS
Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Did i hear someone say best place to get the cps is international and approximately how much?
Old 05-23-2008, 05:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got mine at Autozone for around $30. But check with Ford first if your Trucks falls under the recall. They recently recalled a bunch of Trucks for that sensor and then they fix it for free. They even reimbursed me for my sensor I bought a few weeks prior to the recall so keep the receipt.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoundguy View Post
Okay please help read entirely still sounds weird to me. Have a 94 powerstroke 364,000 miles runs good accept, it stalls or hicups sometimes under electrical loads that shouldn't make it! If you are sitting at a redlight with a signal on it will try to hicup or sometimes stall when you are trying to take off. the main regular driving problem is the signals. it gets worse with a trailer and if you have the trailer brakes hooked up activating them will kill it every time. Other things that will make it hicup are hazzards, headlights, bright lights, brake being applied, interior light. It seems to be getting worse at night battery gauge is lower than usaul. The weird thing is the a/c radio don't affect it at all. more hicups at night but can happen anytime even changing lanes at 70 it hicups. Alternator is less than a year truck was doing this before and after it was installed one battery is about 3 years one is 2 years i think i have almost had the truck a year. I had the battiries checked a few months ago seemed fine they said. THis is my daily driver gets 20 plus on the highway don't tow much by the way all the specs it is a 1994 (built in june 94) powerstroke f-250 extended cab long bed 5 speed all stock except k & N in factory box 364,000 miles. Please HELP!

you either have a problem with your alternator, battery, or your regulator either one of those could cause those problems bypass the alternator to check if the regulator is bad if it isnt most likely your alternator if thats good change your battery and if none of those work you gotta a problem with your grounds and you should prolly replace your batter cables and put in new ground cables
Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoundguy View Post
Did i hear someone say best place to get the cps is international and approximately how much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I got mine at Autozone for around $30. But check with Ford first if your Trucks falls under the recall. They recently recalled a bunch of Trucks for that sensor and then they fix it for free. They even reimbursed me for my sensor I bought a few weeks prior to the recall so keep the receipt.
If you have a dealership close by a new CPS costs $21-22 dollars. The recall only covers back to 1997 trucks. Hopefully that's your problem because it's a cheap fix.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

isn't there spme ford technicians on here anyone every came accross this problem need it fixed but don't have the money to fix a hundred things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.